"Basaic Sonoita Page" Sonoita by Basaic
Sonoita Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 24 photos
Sonoita is a small town located on Arizona Highway 82 southeast of Tucson, and a short distance north of Mexico. It is in a very pretty area. There are about 500 year round reisdents. The area was first settled by ranchers and miners with a small contingent of US Army shortly thereafter (see my tip about Camp Crittenden).
Area attractions include Patagonia Lake State Park and several ghost towns like Duquesne and Lochiel. Arizona Highways 82 and 83 are also designated as scenic highways (and I agree). As you can see in the photo, although Sonoita is pretty far south, we still get snow in the mountains.
There are a few nice hotels and inns in Sonoita along with some nice restaurants. Two of the restaurants are "The Steak Out" and "La Vista de Sonoita". They both have above average food.
- Pros:Better facilities than you might expect; pretty area
- Cons:If you want big town excitement look elsewhere
The Mexican Food in this restaurant is some of the best I have had in this area. La Vista de Sonoita also has a nice... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Sonoita Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Introducing Sonoita"
- "hersheybar's new Sonoita Page"
- "Basaic Sonoita Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sonoita
- Nightlife in Sonoita
- Restaurants in Sonoita
- Warnings and Dangers in Sonoita
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sonoita
- 3 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1383)
Have you been to Sonoita?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sonoita
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 554 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 225 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sierra Vista Intro, 61 reviews, 152 photos