"La Paloma Blanca; White Dove of the Desert" San Xavier by Basaic
San Xavier Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 66 photos
Mission San Xavier del Bac was established by the Jesuit Missionary Father Eusebio Kino in 1692. The present church was built by the Franciscans, between 1783 and 1797. Mission San Xavier del Bac is still a functioning parish church serving the residents of the San Xavier Tohono O'odham Reservation. There are a number of stands leading to the mission where you can stop and buy some Native American food.
In addition to the church they run the San Xavier Mission School.
Visit the San Xavier Plaza, a small area of shops and a cafe near the mission.
- In a nutshell:Beautiful Church With an Interesting History
The San Xavier Plaza is a small area of shops and a cafe near the mission, located by the parking area. Native American... more travel advice
The San Xavier del Bac Mission also sponsors a school to help educate the children from the San Xavier Reservation. more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
San Xavier Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mission San Xavier del bac ~1798"
- "San Xavier, Arizona"
- "La Paloma Blanca; White Dove of the Desert"
- "San Xavier, Arizona"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Xavier
- 9 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (148)
Have you been to San Xavier?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Xavier
Photos in San XavierSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 114 reviews, 209 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos