"Basaic Prescott Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Prescott by Basaic
Prescott Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 209 photos
The Yavapai Court House has been built, rebuilt, moved, rebuilt again, etc. The 4.1 acre plaza around the courthouse first came into being in 1864. This is one of the most impressive, prettiest court houses and plazas I have seen. The plaza has been a center of life in Prescott since it was first built. It has several nice sculptures and lots of tress. It is a great place to escape the hustle and bustle and just relax.
Prescott also boasts some fine museums. The Smoki Museum is built in the style of a Hopi Pueblo, and houses a nice collection of Native American pottery, art and other artifacts. Just north of town is the famous Phippen Museum with its collection of fine art. The Fort Whipple Museum is located on the grounds of the VA Medical Center, and portrays the history of the old fort. Probably the best museum in town though is the Sharlot Hall Museum which has several historic buildings with original artifacts and nice displays showing the history of the town and the area. The museum is very well done and well worth a visit.
Across the street from the Yavapai County Court House is the area known as Whiskey Row. There used to be 50 bars and saloons along this road. Today there are still some fine bars here; but they are mingled with trendy shops, bistros, and other businesses.
- In a nutshell:Definitely worth a visit
Red Lobster $13 as of November 2014. I really like seafood and Red Lobster has really good seafood. Not cheap and not... more travel advice
Across the street from the Yavapai County Court House is the area known as Whiskey Row. There used to be 50 bars and... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Prescott Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Prescott Page"
- "Small town, Big charm"
- "My kind of Town"
- "Kristen's Prescott Page"
- "Prescott, Arizona"
- "Jumping in Prescott!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prescott
- Hotels in Prescott
- Transportation in Prescott
- Nightlife in Prescott
- Restaurants in Prescott
- Shopping in Prescott
- Warnings and Dangers in Prescott
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prescott
- 21 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1732)
Have you been to Prescott?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prescott
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 225 reviews, 555 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 122 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yuma Intro, 71 reviews, 178 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos