"Basaic Pipe Spring National Monument Page" Pipe Spring National Monument by Basaic
Pipe Spring National Monument Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 18 photos
Although humankind occupied this area over 12,000 years ago, the current facilities at Pipe Spring originated as a tithing ranch to maintain part of the herd of cattle given to the Mormon Church by their followers. Anson and Emmeline Winsor established these permanent facilities, and built the two story structure called Winsor Castle.
These two longhorns are typical of the stock that was maintained here.
The hiking trail in the park is the Ridge Trail that gives a nice view of the facilities and the surrounding area. A number of trails came through here including the Honeymoon Trail which was used by Mormons to go from Arizona to Salt Lake City to legally register their marriages.
Basaic's Related Pages
Pipe Spring National Monument Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pipe Springs National Monument"
- "Definitely Off of the Beaten Track"
- "Basaic Pipe Spring National Monument Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pipe Spring National Monument
- Transportation in Pipe Spring National Monument
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pipe Spring National Monument
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1433)
Have you been to Pipe Spring National Monument?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pipe Spring National Monument
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 554 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 225 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sierra Vista Intro, 61 reviews, 152 photos