"Basaic Payson Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Payson by Basaic
Payson Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 184 photos
One of the attractions near the town of Payson is the Tonto Natural Bridge State Park. Tonto Natural Bridge is believed to be the largest natural travertine bridge in the world. The bridge stands 183 feet high over a 400-foot long tunnel that measures 150 feet at its widest point. The trail down to the bridge, and even more so back up is fairly steep and not recommended for people with medical problems (I had 3 of the 4 they mentioned but I did it anyway with no ill effects).
Payson is a town of over 13,000 people located just south of the Mogollon Rim. The Mogollon Rim is the second terrain feature in Arizona (after the Grand Canyon) that is visible from space. Payson boasts an award winning city park called Green Valley Park. Inside the confines of the park are three man-made lakes, the Rim Country Museum, and a recreation of Zane Grey's Cabin, where he wrote many of his ward winning books.
While in Payson, check out the small Historic District and go to the Chamber of Commerce to fine other items of interest in the area.
- In a nutshell:Nice town near a variety of tourist sites
One of my favorite things to do whenever I travel is to meet some of the locals. This is Bing Brown the very... more travel advice
The lakes are filled with treated waste water so do not swim in them. more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Payson Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Payson Page"
- "Payson~World's Oldest Rodeo""
- "Payson, Arizona"
- "Love The Weather of Payson"
- "Jumping Around Payson!"
- "Rim Country-Payson"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Payson
- Hotels in Payson
- Transportation in Payson
- Nightlife in Payson
- Restaurants in Payson
- Shopping in Payson
- Warnings and Dangers in Payson
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Payson
- 23 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1732)
Have you been to Payson?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Payson
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 225 reviews, 555 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 121 reviews, 348 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yuma Intro, 71 reviews, 178 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos