"Basaic Patagonia Lake State Park Page" Patagonia Lake State Park by Basaic
Patagonia Lake State Park Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 40 photos
At two and a half miles long and 250 surface acres, Patagonia Lake is popular for a variety of recreational activities, including water skiing, fishing, camping, picnicking, and hiking. Created by the damming of Sonoita Creek, the lake is habitat for bass, crappie, bluegill, and catfish, and is stocked with rainbow trout during the winter. For anglers' sake, the east half of the lake is designated a no wake area. A handicap fishing dock is located at the marina and behind the Sonoita Creek visitor center. Because the lake attracts a multitude of water sports enthusiasts during summer months, water skiing or towing a recreational device is prohibited on weekends and holidays from May 1 through September 31st. Camping ranges from undeveloped spots to sites with water and electric hookups. Park conveniences include picnic ramadas, a swimming beach, and a marina store with boat rentals. Entry to the park is allowed from 4 AM until 11 PM and access is from State Route 82 between Patagonia and Nogales.
There is an additional portion of the Patagonia Lake State Park called the Sonoita Creek State Natural Area. Admmission to Sonoita Creek is limited and you must get permission from the Patagonia Lake Visitor's Center before entry. The water from Sonoita Creek allows a wide variety of plant and animal life to thrive in the area.
There are a variety of types of wildlife to include: Many species of birds; fish; and other animals you may see in the area. Portions of the park are also free range so you may encounter cows and bulls too.
Occasionally, there is someone who gets tempted to use the bridge as a high dive. Don't! The water is not that deep. more travel advice
You will also see a variety of ducks, coots, and other water fowl. more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Patagonia Lake State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Patagonia Lake State Park Page"
- "Jumping Around Patagonia Lake State Park!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Patagonia Lake State Park
- Hotels in Patagonia Lake State Park
- Shopping in Patagonia Lake State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Patagonia Lake State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Patagonia Lake State Park
- 11 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1603)
Have you been to Patagonia Lake State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Patagonia Lake State Park
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 554 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sierra Vista Intro, 61 reviews, 152 photos