"Basaic Parker Travel Page" Parker by Basaic
Parker Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 51 photos
Parker is located in the West Central portion of Arizona on the border with California. Parker is separated from California by the Colorado River. Parker has between 3000 and 4000 residents and is a pretty nice town. Parker is the county seat of La Paz County which is the newest county in Arizona. Parker has some pretty nice hotels and restaurants and is a nice place to stay when touring the area. Don't miss the Colorado River Indian Tribes Museum.
Parker Dam was built between 1934 and 1938 and spans the Colorado River between Arizona and California 155 miles downstream from Hoover Dam. Parker Dam is the deepest dam in the world with 73 percent of its structural height of 320 feet below the original riverbed. Two-hundred and thirty-five feet of the Colorado riverbed was excavated before concrete was placed for the dam's foundation. Only about 85 feet of the dam is visible; the dam's superstructure rises another 62 feet above the roadway across the top of the dam. Parker Dam provides reservoir storage for water to be pumped into the Colorado River and Central Arizona Project Aqueducts. Lake Havasu, the reservoir behind Parker Dam, is about 45 miles long and can store nearly 211 billion gallons of water.
There are a number of interesting places to see and things to do near Parker:
Bill Williams National Wildlife Refuge (on this page)
Parker Dam (on this page)
Buckskin Mountain State Park (see my Buckskin Mountain State Park Page)
Cattail Cove State Park (will be on my Lake Havasu City Page)
Lake Havasu and Lake Havasu City (see my pages soon)
- In a nutshell:Nice Town Near Lots of Beauty
Parker has a decent little historic district with a few buildings of historical and/or architectural interest. I... more travel advice
Next to the Chamber of Commerce/Visitors Center is Main Street Park, a small park partly dedicated to the coming of the... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Parker Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Parker Travel Page"
- "RIVER SEASON!!!"
- "az_wolf's new Parker Page"
- "The River"
- "Parker Dam/Lake Havasu"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parker
- Hotels in Parker
- Nightlife in Parker
- Restaurants in Parker
- Warnings and Dangers in Parker
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parker
- 16 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (141)
Have you been to Parker?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parker
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 104 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos