"Basaic Mesa Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Mesa by Basaic
Mesa Travel Guide: 119 reviews and 315 photos
Mesa is a city of about 440,000 (up 11% since 2000) located in the East Valley; just east of Phoenix. Like most places in the valley the population here has exploded since 1950. The Mesa area was occupied some 2000 years ago by the Hohokam (meaning Those Who Came Before). At that time, the Hohokam built the largest irrigation system in North America near modern-day Mesa. Permanent settlement of the area can be traced to Mormon settlers in 1877. ?Mesa? was officially established in 1878, and was named after the terrain feature called a mesa (a flat highland).
Mesa has quite a few nice museums. One definite area worth checking out is the Mesa Arts Center.
The Mormon (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) Church was important to the establishment of Mesa and the Arizona Temple is here.
- In a nutshell:Lots to Do and See
Il Vinaio is an elegant but still kinda casual retsaurant on Main Street. Probably the best dining option in this part... more travel advice
If you are looking for more of a sit down restaurant, and you have a hankering for spicy; try Nunthaporn's. It is also... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Mesa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Suburb of Big Proportions"
- "Jumping Around Mesa, Arizona!"
- "Basaic Mesa Page"
- "Mesa, Arizonia"
- "Mesa Arizona /Phoenix Area"
- "Mesa, Phoenix's land of high tech & accomodation"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mesa
- Hotels in Mesa
- Nightlife in Mesa
- Restaurants in Mesa
- Shopping in Mesa
- Warnings and Dangers in Mesa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mesa
- 47 Reviews
- 88 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1734)
Have you been to Mesa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mesa
Photos in MesaSee All Photos (88)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 225 reviews, 555 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 122 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yuma Intro, 71 reviews, 178 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos