"Basaic Lost Dutchman State Park Page" Lost Dutchman State Park by Basaic
Lost Dutchman State Park Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 45 photos
Lost Dutchman State Park was named after the fabled Lost Dutchman Gold Mine. The park is located in the Sonoran Desert at an elevation of 2,000 feet, and offers a variety of hiking trails, nature trails, 70 campsites, picnic facilities, and special programs throughout the year.
There are six trails in the park: The Native Plant Trail is a .25 mile accessible trail near the Visitor's Center, which features desert plants; The
Treasure Loop Trail is a 2.4 mile round trip trail with very nice views that has a 500 foot elevation change and terminates at either picnic area (I took this one); Next is the Prospector's View Trail, a .7 mile trail that connects some of the other trails (I took this one too); the Jacob's Crosscut Trail is a .8 mile trail along the base of the mountain; that continues 4.5 miles past the park area along the base of the Superstitions; the Siphon Draw Trail which is a 4 mile round trip trail that is a very scenic hike, and winds up into a canyon known as Siphon Draw; and last the Discovery Trail which connects the campground and day use areas, features information signs, a wildlife pond, a bird feeder and viewing bench.
There are also some picnic tables in various parts of the park.
There are picnic facilities at various spots in the park. more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Lost Dutchman State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lost Dutchman"
- "Lost Dutchman State Park"
- "Basaic Lost Dutchman State Park Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lost Dutchman State Park
- 3 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (150)
Have you been to Lost Dutchman State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lost Dutchman State Park
Photos in Lost Dutchman State ParkSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 116 reviews, 216 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos