"Basaic Lake Havasu State Park Page" Lake Havasu State Park by Basaic
Lake Havasu State Park Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 38 photos
Lake Havasu State Park has beautiful beaches, nature trails, 3 boat ramps, and 47 convenient campsites, all along the shore of Lake Havasu. Lake Havasu was created when a dam was built near the town of Parker on the Colorado River. The park is a great place for watersport enthusiasts, boaters, fishermen, or anyone just looking for a great place to relax by the water. It is located on the north side of Lake Havasu near the famous London Bridge of Lake Havasu City.
The Mohave Sunset Trail winds its way through the lowland desert and along the shoreline of Lake Havasu. It is 1.5 miles each way. At about the midway point is the Arroyo-Camino Interpretive Garden which showcases the diverse life that exists within the park and this area of the desert. Birds, lizards, and desert cottontails are common sights.
As always, I enjoy meeting and talking to the locals. Kate was not born in Arizona but she has adapted well and is a ranger at this park. We were having a nice conversation but had to cut it short because she was very busy.
- In a nutshell:Beautiful
The Mohave Sunset Trail winds its way through the lowland desert and along the shoreline of Lake Havasu. It is 1.5 miles... more travel advice
Most of the wildlife did not want to pose for me but this rabbit did not seem to mind. more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Lake Havasu State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Lake Havasu State Park Page"
- "Made from Scratch"
- "London Bridge in Lake Havasu"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lake Havasu State Park
- 9 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (138)
Have you been to Lake Havasu State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake Havasu State Park
Photos in Lake Havasu State ParkSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 104 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos