"Basaic Lake Havasu City Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Havasu City by Basaic
Lake Havasu City Travel Guide: 95 reviews and 208 photos
While I was standing there looking at the London Bridge over a manmade canal in Arizona, I met two Welsh guys who asked "how did you nick that?". Actually we bought the London Bridge for $2,460,000. It was taken apart piece by piece with each piece meticulously numbered and sent to the US. All 10,000 tons of it. It was then rebuilt in Laka Havasu City. When it was first put up it spanned nothing but sand so a canal was built under it. It took three years, from 1968 to 1971 to compete the 928 foot span. it has become a very popular tourist destination. Various shops and restaurants have been built around the entrance to the bridge forming what is called "English Village".
Lake Havasu is a city of about 56,000 people. It is extremely popular with retirees and is still a destination for young people during spring break. The city was formed only in 1964; but it still has the "Lake Havasu Museum of History". The museum is actually pretty well done and has a number of interesting displays about the history of the area and of course London Bridge.
Lake Havasu State Park is located on the outskirts of town. It offers 3 boat ramps, 47 campsites, a 1.5 mile (each way) hiking trail, great fishing, and a variety of other water-related recreational activities. Birds, lizards and rabbits are commonly seen here. There is also a nice interpretive garden. Also nearby are Cattail Cove State Park (on this page); Buckskin Mountain State Park (see my page); Parker Dam (on my Parker Page); and Bill Williams National Wildlife Refuge (also on my Parker Page).
- In a nutshell:Not Just for Retirees
Lake Havasu State Park is located along the scenic shores of Lake Havasu on the north side of the city not far from the... more travel advice
One of the centerpieces in English Town is the Elrose Fountain. more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Lake Havasu City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Lake Havasu City Page"
- "Lake Havasu City ~London Bridge"
- "My Wife Grew Up In Havasu"
- "Lake Havasu City, Arizona"
- "sharkie's Lake Havasu City page"
- "Nobbe's new Lake Havasu City page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lake Havasu City
- Hotels in Lake Havasu City
- Transportation in Lake Havasu City
- Nightlife in Lake Havasu City
- Restaurants in Lake Havasu City
- Shopping in Lake Havasu City
- Warnings and Dangers in Lake Havasu City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lake Havasu City
- 26 Reviews
- 70 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (160)
Have you been to Lake Havasu City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake Havasu City
- Posted in Travel Florida Keys Forum "Re: traffic during holidays"
- Commented on one of Yaqui's Lake Havasu City travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Lake Havasu State Park"
- Wrote a Review Lake Havasu State Park in Lake Havasu City Things to Do
- updated a Lake Havasu City Travel Page "Basaic Lake Havasu City Page"
Photos in Lake Havasu CitySee All Photos (70)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 116 reviews, 216 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos