"Basaic Johnson Page" Johnson by Basaic
Johnson Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 2 photos
The exit from Interstate 10 that leads to the Johnson Ghost Town is the same one for the infamous "The Thing" that you see about a million signs for along the interstate. It costs you $1 to see "The Thing". If you want to know what "The Thing" is, just ask and I will save you the dollar. While there you can also pay about 20 to 30 cents a gallon extra for gas, buy some overpriced souvenirs, and eat at Dairy Queen.
In the 1880s there was an actual town called Johnson a few miles north of the interstate. There is very little remaining of the town and what is left is on Private Property owned by the Johnson Camp Mining Company. They have a big sign that says "No Tourists".
There is really nothing to see here, I would just keep driving.
- Cons:TOURIST TRAP!!
Basaic's Related Pages
Johnson Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Johnson
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (138)
Have you been to Johnson?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Johnson
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 104 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos