"Basaic Jerome Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Jerome by Basaic
Jerome Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 137 photos
You get to Jerome by Alternate Arizona Route 89 (89A). There are something like 157 curves in 18 miles. Going is slow; but the views are spectacular. Jerome itself cling to the side of steep hill. It is considered a "ghost town" even though it has around 250 fulltime residents. Jerome the town, like its residents are unique and interesting. I saw two T-Shirts I liked that indicate the character or Jerome past and present. One was "Women Who Behave Rarely Make History" celebrating "The Cribs" which was the redlight district and "Jerome a Hard-Drinking Biker Town with an Artist Problem". If you are ever in the area, I recommend checking out Jerome, it's worth it.
Jerome has a fairly extensive Historic District. They put a lot of time effort and expense into putting up attractive and informative plaques telling about the history of the buildings and the town. They also have a nice museum in town which is definitely worth a visit.
On a steep hillside just across from the town of Jerome is the Jerome State Historic Park where you can learn the history of the formation of the town and its most famous residents. The main part of the park is located in the old Douglas Mansion.
- In a nutshell:Check It Out!!
At the base of Upper Park was this memorial to the lawmen who lost their lives in the line of duty in Jerome. more travel advice
Some old western towns downplay the role prostitution played in their history. Jerome celebrates it and has a large... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Jerome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Jerome Page"
- "A Town Resurrected--Jerome, Arizona"
- "Jerome, Arizona"
- "A town called Jerome"
- "Jerome, AZ"
- "Historic Jerome AZ"
- "It's uphill from here!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jerome
- Hotels in Jerome
- Transportation in Jerome
- Nightlife in Jerome
- Restaurants in Jerome
- Shopping in Jerome
- Warnings and Dangers in Jerome
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jerome
- 30 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1806)
Have you been to Jerome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jerome
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 225 reviews, 555 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 122 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yuma Intro, 71 reviews, 178 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos