"Basaic Chloride Page" Chloride by Basaic
Chloride Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 36 photos
Chloride is the oldest mining town in Arizona. It was settled in 1862 or 1863 when silver was discovered in the area. At its peak the town had over 2000 residents. Today it has a population of about 250. There are several historical buildings in town.
Near Chloride are the remains and sites of several other old mining towns. Some of these were also former county seats. Read the "Off the Beaten Path" tip for an interesting story about the Mohave County Seats.
Cyanide Springs is set up like an old west town. They have shows there on the second and fourth Saturday of each month or you can just walk through and look.
This is the old jail, one of several buildings maintained by the Chloride Historical Society.
Near the town of Chloride, mostly along US Highway 93, you will see historical markers about various other mining towns... more travel advice
The Miners Inn was established in 1860 and still serves as an inn today. These are the closest accomodations to the... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Chloride Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Chloride Page"
- "I Left My Heart in Chloride"
- "Chloride. AZ."
- "Chloride Arizona"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chloride
- 7 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1380)
Have you been to Chloride?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chloride
Photos in ChlorideSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 223 reviews, 553 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 225 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sierra Vista Intro, 61 reviews, 152 photos