"Basaic Casa Grande Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Casa Grande by Basaic
Casa Grande Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 69 photos
Casa Grande Ruins National Monument preserves an ancient Hohokam farming community and "Great House." Created as the nation’s first archeological reserve in 1892, the site was declared a National Monument in 1918. The "Great House" is believed to have been built around 1350 and archeologists have found evidence it was used, and the area around it irrigated and farmed, for over 100 years. Why it was abandoned is a mystery. The ruins are actually located by the town of Coolidge, not Casa Grande despite the latter town getting its name from the ruins.
Near the intersection of Interstate 10 and Interstate 8 is an outlet park with several brand name stores selling merchandise at a discounted price.
Casa Grande was founded in 1879, and was named for the famous Hohokam Indian Ruins 20 miles to the northeast. It is located midway between Phoenix and Tucson, and has grown to be the largest community in western Pinal County since its incorporation in 1915. About 30,000 people call Casa Grande home. The town has 18 parks, an historic district and numerous hotels, motels, and restaurants. During my most recent visit here I stayed at the Super 8 Motel.
Another neat looking building is the Old Casa Grande Women's Club which is located across the street from the Heritage... more travel advice
Casa Grande (or Great House) is the centerpiece of a Hohokam Village and was built in the 1300s. It is four stories high... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Casa Grande Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Casa Grande Ruins National Monument"
- "Basaic Casa Grande Page"
- "Denise66_99's new Casa Grande page"
- "Casa Grande"
- "Tulin's new Casa Grande Page"
- "Casa Grande, Arizona"
- "Casa Grande"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Casa Grande
- Hotels in Casa Grande
- Transportation in Casa Grande
- Restaurants in Casa Grande
- Warnings and Dangers in Casa Grande
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Casa Grande
- 7 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (148)
Have you been to Casa Grande?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Casa Grande
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 116 reviews, 211 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos