"Basaic Buckskin Mountain State Park Page" Buckskin Mountain State Park by Basaic
Buckskin Mountain State Park Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 42 photos
In 1967 the Arizona State Park Service opened a 1,677-acre park located along the Colorado River half way between the towns of Parker and Lake Havasu City. Buckskin Mountain State Park boasts some of the most spectacular scenery on the 18-mile stretch between Parker Dam and Headgate Dam. The park has mountains all along the river and looks across the Colorado to California. You can swim at the small beach, hike, boat, fish, and camp. There is a small Cactus Garden where you can learn about area plants and a learning center. The nearby towns of Parker and Lake Havasu City also offer a variety of entertainment attractions, restaurants and hotels.
Hiking trails include the Lightning Bolt Trail, Buckskin Trail, Mining Trail, and the Interruption Point Trail. (NOTE: Some places e.g. the sign on the trail call this Interruption Point and some like the flyer they hand out at the entrance to the park call it Interpretation Point). I'm confused.
The River Island State Park is a subcomponent of the Buckskin mountain State Park and is located one mile north of the main park. I will add full information about River Island State Park soon on my River Island Page.
- In a nutshell:One of most beautiful parks in Arizona
There are benches along most of the trails so you can rest or enjoy the views. more travel advice
The Mine Trail is a short, 1/2 mile trail, through some very rough terrain. It is a moderately tough trail leading to... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Buckskin Mountain State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Buckskin Mountain State Park Page"
- "1st night out...what a find!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Buckskin Mountain State Park
- Hotels in Buckskin Mountain State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Buckskin Mountain State Park
- 11 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (150)
Have you been to Buckskin Mountain State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buckskin Mountain State Park
Photos in Buckskin Mountain State ParkSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 116 reviews, 216 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos