"Bisbee - A Haven for Artists and Hippies" Top 5 Page for this destination Bisbee by Basaic
Bisbee Travel Guide: 111 reviews and 365 photos
Bisbee was founded in 1880 and named after Judge DeWitt Bisbee, a financial backer of the Copper Queen Mine. By the 1900s Bisbee surpassed Tombstone as the most populace town in the area. Mining was one of the major industries at this time. Bisbee boasted itself as the most cultured town in the area; but there was also the seamier side of the town as shown by the bars and "shady ladies" along Brewery Gulch. The main part of town was destroyed by a fire in 1908; but was quickly rebuilt with many of the buildings remaining as they were then even today.
Bisbee itself had many attractions including the Bisbee Mining Museum and the old part of town. It is also close to Tombstone, Sierra Vista, and Douglas. Mexico is also very close by.
Bisbee is a popular tourist destination and boasts several nice hotels and restaurants. One of the best is the Cafe Roka.
- In a nutshell:Interesting past and present
El Cobre serves American food like Steak, Chicken, Liver and Onions, Fish and a variety of Shrimp. They also serve... more travel advice
Sully's Old Town Cafe is the newest place to eat in Bisbee. It just opened less than a month ago (February 2009) and is... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Bisbee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bisbee - A Haven for Artists and Hippies"
- "Another world hidden in a canyon"
- "Bisbee - find your artist"
- "Bisbee, Arizona"
- "bottleofdoom's new Bisbee Page"
- "Bisbee Arizona"
- "Bisbee Arizona - "Little San Fransico""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bisbee
- Hotels in Bisbee
- Transportation in Bisbee
- Nightlife in Bisbee
- Restaurants in Bisbee
- Shopping in Bisbee
- Warnings and Dangers in Bisbee
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bisbee
- 36 Reviews
- 97 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (150)
Have you been to Bisbee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bisbee
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 116 reviews, 216 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos