"Basaic Benson Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Benson by Basaic
Benson Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 94 photos
Your first stop in Benson should be the Visitor's Center and Chamber of Commerce. They converted the historic railroad station into the Visitor's Center and Chamber of Commerce.
Kartchner Caverns were formed starting about 500,000 years ago when water began seeping into the mountains and eroded the limestone deposits. In 1974 two cavers slithered through a small gap in the rock and discovered a gigantic cavern. It was kept a secret dor several years until the owners were told and planes were made to establish a state park. Your first stop inside Kartchner Caverns State Park should be the exhibit center. They spent quite a bit of money to make it very informative and educational. This is also where you make resrvations to tour the Big Room (if it is between 15 October and 15 April) or the Rotunda Room (year round). Cost to see the Big Room is $12.95 (ages 7 to 13) and $22.95 (ages 14 and up), and cost for the Rotuinda Room is $9.95 (ages 7 to 13) and $18.95 (ages 14 and up), and free for children 6 and younger. Hours for the exhibition center are 7:30 AM to 6 PM daily except Christmas Day. They also have hiking trails, picnic facilities and 62 camping sites.
Another good place to stop is the Benson Museum. It has some interesting displays about the history of the town and they will give you a brochure for a nice walking tour of Benson (see my tip).
$83 as of February 2013, $89 as of November 2013. There are two choices for accommodations at Exit 302 (Benson/Ft... more travel advice
This is one of the picnic areas available in the park. This one is by the exhibit center. more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Benson Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Benson Page"
- "Good stopover place"
- "Historic Benson"
- "The Thing?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Benson
- Hotels in Benson
- Nightlife in Benson
- Restaurants in Benson
- Warnings and Dangers in Benson
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Benson
- 34 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (150)
Have you been to Benson?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Benson
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 116 reviews, 216 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos