"Basaic Ozark Page" Ozark by Basaic
Ozark Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos
This area was first called "Aux Arc" by French Explorers mapping the area due to a bend of the Arkansas River located here. The term was later simplified to Ozark. Ozark is one of two (why two?) county seats for Franklin County. Charleston is the other. Ozark is located on US Highway 64 just east of Fort Smith and has a population of about 4000.
Nice clock tower on the courthouse.
Ozark has a nice little historic district with several buildings of historical and/or architectural interest. There are much more interesting things than the buildings, though, in Ozark.
There was a high profile murder, here. Elizabeth Gracen the former Miss Arkansas connected with former President Bill Clinton is from here. Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie were here to film the first season of "The Simple Life". Other notables, like Bugs Bunny, are reported to have vacationed here.
There is a nice memorial to veterans of the countries wars on the courthouse grounds.
Basaic's Related Pages
Ozark Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Ozark
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1847)
Have you been to Ozark?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ozark
Photos in OzarkSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 225 reviews, 555 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 122 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yuma Intro, 71 reviews, 178 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos