"Basaic Arkansas Post Museum State Park Page" Arkansas Post by Basaic
Arkansas Post Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 21 photos
The Arkansas Post State Park is kind of a companion piece to the Arkansas Post National Memorial. It consists of several buildings and artifacts from the early history of the area. They are also trying to preserve the prairie grass native to Arkansas by replanting 4 acres of the grass.
The different buildings are set up with appropriate artifacts and items to their function. The main area for other artifacts and displays is the Peterson Building. The Peterson Building was named after John L. Peterson who was instrumental in getting the park started.
This shows an early pioneer kitchen. The kitchen was frequently built in a separate building from the main house. This was done for safety reasons and to keep the heat from the kitchen from affecting the house during the summer.
- In a nutshell:Interesting Piece of History
The Summer House shows an early pioneer kitchen. The kitchen was frequently built in a separate building from the main... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Arkansas Post Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Arkansas Post Museum State Park Page"
- "Arkansas Family Resorts on Bull Shoals Lake"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arkansas Post
- 3 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (148)
Have you been to Arkansas Post?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arkansas Post
Photos in Arkansas PostSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 114 reviews, 209 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos