"Basaic Auburn Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Auburn by Basaic
Auburn Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 60 photos
Auburn is a nice sized city of about 57,000 (up 25% since 2000) located along Intetstate 85 and US Highway 29 in Eastern Alabama. It juts up against Opelika, Alabama. Most people who visit the town, however, come here because of Auburn University. Auburn University was established in 1856 and is the mainstay of the town.
The area was long inhabited by members of the Creek Nation and was opened up for settlement in 1832 with the first people arriving in 1836. The intenet was to establish a religious and educational center and Auburn University was created in 1856 as East Alabama Male College. In the last couple of decades, the Auburn/Opelika area has become the fastest growing metropolitan area in the state.
There are ample restaurants and bars all throughout Auburn; but most of the best ones are north of the university, along College Street. This is also where you will find the famous Toomer Drugstore and the Toomer Oaks (while they last).
Auburn started the first football colleg team in the region, and athletics has long been important in the college and the town. My brother-in-law, Bob was on the Auburn Football Team. "Go War Eagles"! (and the Seminoles at FSU).
- In a nutshell:It's All About Auburn University
Auburn University is very important to the city of Auburn and sports is very important to the university. There is a... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Auburn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Auburn Page"
- "auburn alabama"
- ""Lovliest Village on the Plain""
- "I'm Just Passin' Through"
- "Auburn, Alabama Home of Auburn University Football"
- "Auburn, Tiger town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Auburn
- Hotels in Auburn
- Nightlife in Auburn
- Restaurants in Auburn
- See All...
Explore the World
- Thunder Bay
- Floras Lake State Park Hotels
- Theog Hotels
- Navajo lake Lodge Hotels
- Ausable Chasm
- Shirwal Hotels
- Batu Kawa Hotels
- Republic of Montenegro
- Kengeri Hotels
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Muddus Nationalpark
- Nakhon Si Thammarat
- Sungai Lembing
- Vero Beach
Badges & Stats in Auburn
- 11 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (138)
Have you been to Auburn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Auburn
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 104 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (106)
Latest Auburn hotel reviews
- Jameson Inn Auburn
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 22, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Auburn
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 4, 2013
- Microtel Inn And Suites Of Auburn, Al
- 67 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 4, 2013
- The Hotel At Auburn University And Dixon Conf Cntr
- 209 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013