"Basaic Andalusia Page" Andalusia by Basaic
Andalusia Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 8 photos
Andalusia is a town of almost 9000 in Southern Alabama. The town was settled in 1841 after extensive flooding caused people to move to higher ground. The county seat was moved to Andalusia in 1844, and it remains the county seat of Covington County today. Andalusia is home to the World Championship Domino Tournament. The county was named after General Leonard Covington of Maryland. The Alabam State Legislature changed the name of the county for two months in 1868 but it was quickly changed back. The bell from the old courthouse, which served from 1897 to 1917, is on the courthouse grounds. Andalusia is a neat town; I liked it!
Andalusia has a nice historic district with several buildings of historical and/or architectural interest.
Andalusia also boasts a very nice Veterans Park, honoring the the men and women who have served the country in the military.
- In a nutshell:Very Nice Southern Alabama Town
$71 as of March 2013. This motel had a few extras like a small refrigerator and a microwave. It also had the usual... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Andalusia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Andalusia Page"
- "Andalusia, Alabama"
- "Andalusia, Alabama"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Andalusia
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (178)
Have you been to Andalusia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Andalusia
Photos in AndalusiaSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 223 reviews, 553 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 116 reviews, 216 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos