"Lots to see in Texas" Top 5 Page for this destination Texas by Basaic
Texas Travel Guide: 13,655 reviews and 28,063 photos
Texas has 13 parks under the National Park System along with several National Wildlife Refuges and other sites. The sites include: Alibates Flint Quarries National Monument (see my page); Amistad National Recreation Area (page coming soon); Big Bend National Park (see my page); Big Thicket Natural Preserve; Chamizal National Memorial (coming to my El Paso Page); Fort Concho National Historic Landmark (coming to my San Angelo Page); Fort Davis National Historic Site (coming to my Fort Davis Page); Guadalupe Mountains National Park (see my page); Lake Meredith National Recreation Area (see my page); Lyndon B Johnson National Historic Park (coming to my Johnson City Page); Padre Island National Seashore; Palo Alto Battlefield National Historic Site; Rio Grande National Scenic River; and San Antonio Missions National Historic Park (coming to my San Antonio Page).
Texas has a large number of state parks with a wide variety of attractions. I have been to 19 state parks in Texas: Barton Warnock Environmental Education Center SP; Big Bend Ranch SP; Caprock Canyon SP; Casa Navarro SHS; Davis Mountains SP; Fannin Battleground SHS; Fanthorp Inn SHS; Fort Lancaster SHS; Fort Leaton SHS; Fort McKavett SHS; Franklin Mountains SP; Goliad SP; Hueco Tanks SHS; Magoffin Home SHS: Monahans Sandhills SP; Monument Hill and Kreische Brewery SHS; Palo Duro Canyon SP; Seminole Canyon SHS; and Washington on the Brazos SHS.
Texas is also jammed full of large cities, small cities, and small towns with lots of interesting things to see.
- In a nutshell:Huge state with lots to see
$8 as of December 2013. Rocko's has a menu with a few sandwiches, burgers, and items like chicken fingers. Food and... more travel advice
$83 as of June 2012. This was a very nice motel with comfortable rooms, a small refrigerator and microwave, nice... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Texas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lots to see in Texas"
- "Keeweechic's Texas"
- "Around Texas"
- "TEXAS--What took us so long to get here?"
- "Texas Back Roads and Byways"
- "My Home: Texas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Texas
- Hotels in Texas
- Transportation in Texas
- Nightlife in Texas
- Restaurants in Texas
- Shopping in Texas
- Warnings and Dangers in Texas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Texas
- 1,073 Reviews
- 2,881 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 226 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (148)
Have you been to Texas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Texas
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 114 reviews, 209 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos