"Lots to see in Texas" Top 5 Page for this destination Texas by Basaic

Texas Travel Guide: 13,715 reviews and 28,172 photos

National Sites

Texas has 13 parks under the National Park System along with several National Wildlife Refuges and other sites. The sites include: Alibates Flint Quarries National Monument (see my page); Amistad National Recreation Area (page coming soon); Big Bend National Park (see my page); Big Thicket Natural Preserve; Chamizal National Memorial (coming to my El Paso Page); Fort Concho National Historic Landmark (coming to my San Angelo Page); Fort Davis National Historic Site (coming to my Fort Davis Page); Guadalupe Mountains National Park (see my page); Lake Meredith National Recreation Area (see my page); Lyndon B Johnson National Historic Park (coming to my Johnson City Page); Padre Island National Seashore; Palo Alto Battlefield National Historic Site; Rio Grande National Scenic River; and San Antonio Missions National Historic Park (coming to my San Antonio Page).

State Sites

Texas has a large number of state parks with a wide variety of attractions. I have been to 24 state parks in Texas: Barton Warnock Environmental Education Center SP; Big Bend Ranch SP; Caprock Canyon SP; Casa Navarro SHS; Davis Mountains SP; Fannin Battleground SHS; Fanthorp Inn SHS; Fort Lancaster SHS; Fort Leaton SHS; Fort McKavett SHS; Franklin Mountains SP; Fulton Mansion SHS; Goliad SP; Hueco Tanks SHS; Landmark Inn SHS; Magoffin Home SHS: Monahans Sandhills SP; Monument Hill and Kreische Brewery SHS; Palo Duro Canyon SP; Sabine Pass Battlefield SHS; San Jacinto Battlefield SHS; Seminole Canyon SHS; Varner Hogg Plantation SHS; and Washington on the Brazos SHS.

Towns and Cities

Texas is also jammed full of large cities, small cities, and small towns with lots of interesting things to see.

• In a nutshell:Huge state with lots to see
  • Last visit to Texas: Mar 2013
  • Intro Updated Mar 19, 2014

Basaic

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”

Badges & Stats in Texas