"Land of Enchantment" Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico by Basaic
New Mexico Travel Guide: 4,211 reviews and 10,335 photos
IMPORTANT NOTE: The area code in Southern New Mexico is now 575 so if you see any 505 area codes they are wrong!!
New Mexico is home to over a dozen National Parks/Monuments, etc. and over 30 state parks. The parks cover educational opportunuties about the history of the area; water recreation at a number of lakes, spectacular scenery, and a variety of other attractions.
So far, I have been to the following National Sites: Aztec Ruins NM (page coming soon); Bandelier NM (page coming soon); Capulin Volcano NM (page coming soon); Chaco Culture NHP (page coming soon); El Malpais National Monument (page coming soon); El Morro National Monument (page coming soon); Fort Union National Monument (page coming soon); Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument (see my page); Kasha Katuwe Tent Rocks NM (page coming soon); Pecos NHP (page coming soon); Petrogyphs NM (page coming soon); Salinas Pueblo Missions NHP (page coming soon); and White Sands National Monument (page coming soon).
I have also been to the following state sites: Caballo Lake State Park (see my Caballo Page); City of Rocks State Park (see my page); Elephant Butte Lake State Park (see my page); Fort Selden State Monument (see my page); Leasburg Dam State Park (page coming soon); Living Desert Zoo & Gardens State Park (page coming soon);Mesilla Valley Bosque State Park (see my Mesilla Page); Oliver Lee Memorial State Park (see my Alamogordo Page); Pancho Villa State Park (see my page); Percha Dam State Park (see my Caballo Page); Rockhound State Park (see my page); Spring Canyon State Park(see my page); and Vietnam Veterans' SP (page coming soon).
New Mexico has modern cities like Albuquerque and Santa Fe that still maintain their old world heritage, and quaint smaller towns. So far, some of the highlights for me have been Las Cruces; Silver City, Deming, Roswell, and Cloudcroft.
The way I intend to organize this page is to list all hotels and campgrounds; all restaurants; and all night clubs and bars.
In the "To Do" part, after I visit a place, I will list each National Site, State Park; and city or Town alphabetically. There will be one tip per location unless there is a good reason to list another tip (e.g. a museum or other significant attraction).
Hopefully this will keep the page user friendly.
This hotel had a few extras like a nice easy chair, small refrigerator, and a microwave; but the room was not that good... more travel advice
This cafe had a small town nostalgic atmosphere with an old style soda fountain, pictures of Marilyn Monroe and James... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
New Mexico Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of Enchantment"
- "New Mexico, Earth, But Out of this World"
- "One of our 50 is missing!"
- "UNIQUE CULTURE AMONGST SOUTHWEST GRANDUER"
- "Land of Varied Scenery"
- "New Mexican Legends ...."
- "Our Land of Enchantment"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Mexico
- Hotels in New Mexico
- Transportation in New Mexico
- Nightlife in New Mexico
- Restaurants in New Mexico
- Shopping in New Mexico
- Warnings and Dangers in New Mexico
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Mexico
- 492 Reviews
- 1,469 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 86 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (150)
Have you been to New Mexico?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Mexico
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How will you celebrate your..."
- Wrote a Review Not the Best Choice in Clovis in New Mexico Hotels
- updated a New Mexico Travel Page "Land of Enchantment"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Good Home Cooking in Lovington"
- Commented on one of jumpingnorman's New Mexico travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 116 reviews, 216 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos