"Land of Enchantment" Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico by Basaic

New Mexico Travel Guide: 4,211 reviews and 10,335 photos

History

Under Construction

IMPORTANT NOTE: The area code in Southern New Mexico is now 575 so if you see any 505 area codes they are wrong!!

National and State Parks and Towns and Cities

New Mexico is home to over a dozen National Parks/Monuments, etc. and over 30 state parks. The parks cover educational opportunuties about the history of the area; water recreation at a number of lakes, spectacular scenery, and a variety of other attractions.

So far, I have been to the following National Sites: Aztec Ruins NM (page coming soon); Bandelier NM (page coming soon); Capulin Volcano NM (page coming soon); Chaco Culture NHP (page coming soon); El Malpais National Monument (page coming soon); El Morro National Monument (page coming soon); Fort Union National Monument (page coming soon); Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument (see my page); Kasha Katuwe Tent Rocks NM (page coming soon); Pecos NHP (page coming soon); Petrogyphs NM (page coming soon); Salinas Pueblo Missions NHP (page coming soon); and White Sands National Monument (page coming soon).

I have also been to the following state sites: Caballo Lake State Park (see my Caballo Page); City of Rocks State Park (see my page); Elephant Butte Lake State Park (see my page); Fort Selden State Monument (see my page); Leasburg Dam State Park (page coming soon); Living Desert Zoo & Gardens State Park (page coming soon);Mesilla Valley Bosque State Park (see my Mesilla Page); Oliver Lee Memorial State Park (see my Alamogordo Page); Pancho Villa State Park (see my page); Percha Dam State Park (see my Caballo Page); Rockhound State Park (see my page); Spring Canyon State Park(see my page); and Vietnam Veterans' SP (page coming soon).

New Mexico has modern cities like Albuquerque and Santa Fe that still maintain their old world heritage, and quaint smaller towns. So far, some of the highlights for me have been Las Cruces; Silver City, Deming, Roswell, and Cloudcroft.

This Page

The way I intend to organize this page is to list all hotels and campgrounds; all restaurants; and all night clubs and bars.

In the "To Do" part, after I visit a place, I will list each National Site, State Park; and city or Town alphabetically. There will be one tip per location unless there is a good reason to list another tip (e.g. a museum or other significant attraction).

Hopefully this will keep the page user friendly.

• Last visit to New Mexico: Mar 2011
  • Intro Updated Nov 3, 2011

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2011 at 6:45 AM

Hi, Jim! You have great tips here! Thanks for sharing!@ ><><><><><

• omidamini's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2010 at 9:50 PM

I found your page very nice, thanks alot, I hope see you here.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2010 at 1:16 PM

A wide panorama of New Mexico! I did not know that NM had so many parks! I will go later to your individual pages. Haha, I understand that Roswell has build a business on UFO! You have checked a good array of restaurants! Wow, a haunted hotel!

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Great pages. Love to visit New Mexico somtime.

• Kaspian's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Worst chicken wings ever, best waitress costume ever! Great new pics!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2009 at 11:00 AM

We missed this Pancho Villa Museum! NM is truly a land of enchanment...but we did go to the Rock Hound and we also ate at Deming! Nice to see we drove through same places...but you drove more!

Basaic Visits Here Frequently!

Basaic

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”

Badges & Stats in New Mexico

• 1,469 Photos

Have you been to New Mexico?

Latest Activity in New Mexico