"Basaic Nebraska Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Nebraska by Basaic
Nebraska Travel Guide: 1,225 reviews and 4,182 photos
Nebraska has 3 sites that fall under the National Park Service along with several National Wildlife Refuges and Recreation Areas including: Agate Fossil Beds NM (page coming); Chimney Rock NHS (page under Bayard coming); Fort Niobrara NWR (page started); Homestead NM (page coming); Niobrara NSR; Scott's Bluff NM (page coming); and the Valentine NWR (see my page).
Nebraska also has about 20 State Parks/State Historic Sites and many recreation areas. So far, I have been to (and am working on pages for): Arthur Bowring SHP; Ash Hollow SHP; AshfallFossil Beds SHP; Buffalo Bill Ranch SHP; Cowboy State Trail; Fort Atkinson SHP; Fort Kearney SHP; Fort Robinson SP; Lake McConaughy SRA; Mahoney SP; Neligh Mill SHP; Niobrara SP; Rock Creek Station SHP; Senator George Norris SHP; and Willa Cather SHP:
Lincoln is the capital of Nebraska and Omaha is its largest city. I still prefer the smaller towns and you get a better idea of Nebraska from them. Some of my favorite towns in Nebraska include: Brownville; McCook; Columbus; Kearney; Arthur; and Ogallala.
- In a nutshell:More to See Than Just Omaha and Lincoln
Lake McConaughy is the largest lake in the state of Nebraska. It is about 20 feet long, 4 feet wide and up to 142 feet... more travel advice
Fort Kearny was established as a military outpost along the Oregon Trail in 1848 to protect pioneers making the trip... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Nebraska Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Nebraska Page"
- "MY NEBRASKA"
- "Nebraska: Backroads and Byways"
- "Nebraska: Way Out There"
- "One night and two stops in Nebraska"
- "Nebraska - wide and golden"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nebraska
- Hotels in Nebraska
- Transportation in Nebraska
- Nightlife in Nebraska
- Restaurants in Nebraska
- Shopping in Nebraska
- Warnings and Dangers in Nebraska
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nebraska
- 143 Reviews
- 462 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 60 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (150)
Have you been to Nebraska?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nebraska
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How will you celebrate your..."
- Wrote a Review Lake McConaughy State Recreation Area in Nebraska Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Lake McConaughy State Recreation Area"
- Commented on one of Basaic's Nebraska travel pages
- updated a Nebraska Travelogue "Nebraska Stats, Maps and Things"
Photos in NebraskaSee All Photos (462)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 116 reviews, 216 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos