"Basaic North Dakota Page" Top 5 Page for this destination North Dakota by Basaic
North Dakota Travel Guide: 611 reviews and 1,237 photos
There are three sites under the National Park Service located in North Dakota: Fort Union Trading Post National Historic Site; Knife River Indian Villages National Historic Site Page under Stanton coming); and the Theodore Roosevelt National Park (see my page). There are also a number of National Wildlife Refuges and other sites in the state.
North Dakota is underappreciated.
There are also a number of state level sites in North Dakota ranging from mildly interesting to very interesting. So far I have seen (and have or are working on pages for): Camp Hancock State Historic Site; De Mores State Historic Site; Former Governor's Mansion State Historic Site; Fort Abraham Lincoln State Historic Site; Fort Clark State Historic Site; Fort Dilts State Historic Site; Fort Ransom State Park; Fort Ransom State Historic Site; Fort Rice State Historic Site; Huff Indian Villages State Historic Site; Killdeer Mountain Battlefield State Historic Site; Standing Rock State Historic Site; T J Walker State Historic Site; and Turtle River State Park.
The capitol of North Dakota is Bismarck. Major cities include Fargo and Grand Forks. Mostly though there are lots of small towns and rural areas. One of my favorite places in North Dakota is the town of Medora. Don't miss the Dinosaur Museum in Dickinson, either.
There are a number of different hiking opportunities at both the South Units and the North Units of Theodore Roosevelt... more travel advice
You can rent canoes or kayaks at the Fort Ransom State Park Visitors Center and enjoy a relaxing day on the Sheyenne... more travel advice
Written Sep 21, 2013
Maps and Things
Written Mar 24, 2012
Basaic's Related Pages
North Dakota Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More interesting than you may think"
- "North Dakota"
- "North Dakota: America's Least Visited State"
- "North Dakota - My Home State"
- "Basaic North Dakota Page"
- "North Dakota is Cool (or Cold?)"
- "North Dakota"
- See All...
- Things to Do in North Dakota
- Hotels in North Dakota
- Transportation in North Dakota
- Nightlife in North Dakota
- Restaurants in North Dakota
- Shopping in North Dakota
- Warnings and Dangers in North Dakota
- See All...
Badges & Stats in North Dakota
- 113 Reviews
- 345 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 20 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (148)
Have you been to North Dakota?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in North Dakota
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 114 reviews, 209 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos