"The Peach State" Top 5 Page for this destination Georgia by Basaic

Georgia Travel Guide: 5,406 reviews and 11,075 photos

National Sites

Georgia has 10 parks under the National Park System: Andersonville National Historic Site (see my page); Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area; Chickamauga & Chattanooga National Military Park; Cumberland Island National Seashore; Fort Frederica National Monument (see my page); Fort Pulaski NM (see my page); Jekyll Island NHLD (see my page); Jimmy Carter NHS (see my Plains Page); Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park; Martin Luther King Jr. NHS; and Ocmulgee NM. There are also various National Wildlife Refuges (see my Okefenokee NWR Page) and BLM Sites.

State Sites

There are about 62 state parks in Georgia. I currently have pages on Fort King George; Fort McAllister; Fort Morris; Georgia Veterans Memorial State Park; Hofwyl-Broadfield Plantation; Kolomoki Mounds State Park; Laura Walker State Park; and Providence Canyon State Park.

Cities and Towns

The capitol of Georgia is Atlanta, a very popular tourist destination. Other larger towns include Savannah; Athens, Augusta, Columbus and Macon. But don't forget smaller towns.

• Last visit to Georgia: Jun 2009
  • Intro Updated Jun 9, 2012

Comments

Basaic Visits Here Frequently!

Basaic

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”

Badges & Stats in Georgia

Have you been to Georgia?

Latest Activity in Georgia