"Come to the Sunshine State" Top 5 Page for this destination Florida by Basaic

Florida Travel Guide: 21,342 reviews and 47,129 photos

National Sites

Florida has eleven sites under the National Park Service along with BLM Recreation Areas and National Wildlife Refuges. The eleven parks under the National Park Service include: Big Cypress National Preserve (see my Ochopee Page); Biscayne NP (see my page); Canaveral; Castillo de San Marcos (see my page); De Soto; Dry Tortugas (see my page); Everglades (see my page); Fort Caroline; Fort Matanzas (page coming soon); Gulf Islands (page coming soon); and Timucuan. I visited several of these as a kid and recently revisited them.

State Sites

Florida also has a very large number of state parks, since it is blessed with a lot of history and natural beauty. I have visited several of these too; but not so recently so my pages are limited. So far I only have pages of Goldhead Branch State Park and Suwannee River State Park. Pages of the Constitution Convention Museum SP, Fort Zachary Taylor SHS, John Gorrie Museum SP, and Yulee Sugar Mill Ruins SHS are coming soon.

Cities and Towns

Florida also has several large international cities like Miami; Jacksonville; Tampa and St Petersburg. There are also many nice smaller cities and towns. Please visit my pages on Middleburg and St Augustine and the other towns with reviews for restaurants and hotels.

Big Key West Page coming soon!

• In a nutshell:Florida is a great place to be!!
  • Last visit to Florida: Apr 2010
  • Intro Updated Aug 28, 2010

Basaic Used To Live Here!

Basaic

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”

Badges & Stats in Florida

Have you been to Florida?

Latest Activity in Florida