"California - What More Do I Need To Say?" Top 5 Page for this destination California by Basaic

California Travel Guide: 46,376 reviews and 111,109 photos

National Sites

California has 26 sites under the National Park Service along with several National Wildlife Refuges and Bureau of Land Management Sites including: Alcatraz Island; Cabrillo NM; Channel Islands NP (page coming soon); Death Valley NP (see my page); Devil's Postpile NM; Eugene O'Neill NHS; Fort Point NHS; Golden Gate NRA (page coming soon); Imperial Sand Dunes BLM RA (see my page); John Muir NHS (page coming soon); Joshua Tree NP (see my page); King's Canyon NP (page coming soon); Lassen Volcanic NP; Lava Beds NM (see my page); Manzanar NHS; Modoc NWR (see my page); Mojave NPres; Muir Woods NM; Pinnacles NM; Point Reyes NS; Port Chicago Naval Magazine NMem; Presidio of San Francisco; Redwood NP (page coming soon); Rosie the Riveter World War II NHP (page coming soon); Salton Sea NWR (see my page); San Francisco Maritime NHP; Santa Monica Mountains NRA; Sequoia NP (page coming soon); Smith River NRA (page coming soon); Tule NWR (see my page); Whiskeytown NRA; and Yosemite NP (page coming soon).

State Sites

According to Wikipedia there are 278 state parks in California. So far I have only seen: Angel Island SP (see my page); Benicia Capitol SHP (see my page); East Shore SP (see my Berkeley page); Humboldt Lagoons SP (see my page); Leo Carillo SP (see my page); Petaluma Adobe SHP; Richardson Groves SP; and Sonoma SHP. The others are coming as soon as I can get them done.

The Cities

California also has a number of big and well known cities. The capitol is Sacramento. The largest cities include: Los Angeles (see my page); San Diego; and San Francisco (page coming soon). Other cities and towns I have seen and either written pages for or are drafting pages for are: Albany; Alturas; Benicia; Berkeley; Eureka; Hollywood; Malibu; Martinez; Montrose; Oakland; San Joaquin; Santa Rosa; Sunland; Tehachapi; Tujunga; and Universal City.

• Cons:Too Much Too See For One Lifetime
  • Last visit to California: Jun 2010
  • Intro Updated Sep 16, 2010

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2011 at 4:58 AM

What excellent tips. Loads of understandable information. Thanks for sharing.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2010 at 3:38 PM

Hi, California has such varied landscape - from great redwoods to sand dunes. Nice tips here.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Great set of restaurant and cafe tips! I'd prefer one in retro 50's style! If I ever have a chance to visit California, haha!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Haha "Too Much Too See For One Lifetime" As I stayed only one year in California, no wonder that there remains so many great places that I did not visit ! Amazing bone room!

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2008 at 6:19 PM

Great start on this overview.

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2007 at 11:49 PM

Some really nice photos here and good general info :-) I enjoyed reading your California page. Greetings from "another desert" / Jess in Dubai :-)

Basaic

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”

Badges & Stats in California

• 2,007 Photos

Have you been to California?

Latest Activity in California