"California - What More Do I Need To Say?" Top 5 Page for this destination California by Basaic
California Travel Guide: 46,593 reviews and 112,015 photos
California has 26 sites under the National Park Service along with several National Wildlife Refuges and Bureau of Land Management Sites including: Alcatraz Island; Cabrillo NM; Channel Islands NP (page coming soon); Death Valley NP (see my page); Devil's Postpile NM; Eugene O'Neill NHS; Fort Point NHS; Golden Gate NRA (page coming soon); Imperial Sand Dunes BLM RA (see my page); John Muir NHS (page coming soon); Joshua Tree NP (see my page); King's Canyon NP (page coming soon); Lassen Volcanic NP; Lava Beds NM (see my page); Manzanar NHS; Modoc NWR (see my page); Mojave NPres; Muir Woods NM; Pinnacles NM; Point Reyes NS; Port Chicago Naval Magazine NMem; Presidio of San Francisco; Redwood NP (page coming soon); Rosie the Riveter World War II NHP (page coming soon); Salton Sea NWR (see my page); San Francisco Maritime NHP; Santa Monica Mountains NRA; Sequoia NP (page coming soon); Smith River NRA (page coming soon); Tule NWR (see my page); Whiskeytown NRA; and Yosemite NP (page coming soon).
According to Wikipedia there are 278 state parks in California. So far I have only seen: Angel Island SP (see my page); Benicia Capitol SHP (see my page); East Shore SP (see my Berkeley page); Humboldt Lagoons SP (see my page); Leo Carillo SP (see my page); Petaluma Adobe SHP; Richardson Groves SP; and Sonoma SHP. The others are coming as soon as I can get them done.
California also has a number of big and well known cities. The capitol is Sacramento. The largest cities include: Los Angeles (see my page); San Diego; and San Francisco (page coming soon). Other cities and towns I have seen and either written pages for or are drafting pages for are: Albany; Alturas; Benicia; Berkeley; Eureka; Hollywood; Malibu; Martinez; Montrose; Oakland; San Joaquin; Santa Rosa; Sunland; Tehachapi; Tujunga; and Universal City.
- Cons:Too Much Too See For One Lifetime
Interstate 8 begins in San Diego about a mile from the coast and leads east 172 miles to the Arizona border. I have... more travel advice
Nice place to sit on the patio, listen to the music, and eat bar style food (burgers, pizza, fish and chips). They also... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
California Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CALIFORNIA ~ It's not about the glam, but nature!"
- "California - What More Do I Need To Say?"
- "Always on My Mind....California"
- "Our awesome trip to California summer of 2004"
- "The Regions of California"
- "GOLDEN STATE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in California
- Hotels in California
- Transportation in California
- Nightlife in California
- Restaurants in California
- Shopping in California
- Warnings and Dangers in California
- See All...
Badges & Stats in California
- 740 Reviews
- 2,007 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 77 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (160)
Have you been to California?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in California
- Posted in Travel Florida Keys Forum "Re: traffic during holidays"
- Commented on one of Basaic's California tips
- Wrote a Review Highlights of Interstate 8 about By Driving in California Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Highlights of Interstate 8"
- created a California Travelogue "Roadtrip Interstate 8"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 116 reviews, 216 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos