Arizona Nightlife Tips by Basaic Top 5 Page for this destination
Arizona Nightlife: 26 reviews and 20 photos
La Gitana Cantina
There is a bar located in Arivaca called La Gitana Cantina or the Female Gypsy Bar. It was listed in an Esquire Magazine article about the best bars in the United States. The article stated in part "there are bloodstains on the floor, bullet holes in the walls, and you might get some free dental care on the pool table from a drunk biker with pliers. Seriously.". It also has a sign declaring it the oldest bar in the oldest continuously occupied town in Arizona. (The Hopi, who have occupied Old Oraibi since around 1100 may disagree). I found the bar nice and interesting and the patrons and bartender very friendly, although they looked like they could get pretty rough if you did anything stupid. Hours are 10 AM to 10 PM. They have a pool table and WiFi. They also have a very nice patio.
Dress Code: The owner/bartender is a self-proclaimed hippie, the patrons are mostly bikers and cowboys. I'd just say very casual.
Address: 17201 W 5th Street, Arivaca, AZ 85601
Directions: On the South side of the main road through town.
Phone: (520) 398-0810
Theme: Eating and Drinking
Easy Street Bar
The Easy Street Lounge is a small seemingly quiet bar attached to the Arizona Family Restaurant. There are no pool tables or dart boards or much of anything else except a bar, bar stools and a few booths. The only things there appeared to be to do is watch the TV (small screens) and drink. It did not appear to be a very happening place.
Dress Code: I did not notice any dress code. Mostly I saw sweatshirts and jeans.
Address: 50 W. Esperanza Green Valley, AZ 85614
Directions: Just off Interstate 19 at the Esperanza Street Exit.
TJs Bar and Grill
TJs is a small town bar situated in Pearce. They serve pizza and sandwiches and have a fuller menu on Fridays and Saturdays. I had a pretty good grilled cheese sandwich there. The lady behind the bar and the patrons, seemed very friendly to strangers. Prices are cheap.
Dress Code: Dress Casual.
Address: 135 Frontage Road, Pearce, Arizona 85625
Directions: Just off the highway, you can't miss it.
Phone: (520) 826-3808
Theme: Eating and Drinking
The Palace Saloon and Pool Hall was built in 1905 and is regsitered on the list of National Historic Places. During prohibition it was a meat market. Today it still serves as a local drinking place and has two pool tables and a big screen TV to show sporting events. The decor is a curious mixture; with a large old wooden bar and the normal modern posters of various beers and other alcoholic drinks. They serve pizza and typical bar snacks.
Dress Code: Well, you do need to be dressed. Other than that I didn't see any.
Address: 116 S. Railroad Avenue, Willcox, AZ 85643
Directions: In the old town district.
Phone: (520) 384-4712
Pinup's is a strip club that advertises: Dancers, Drinks, and Darts. They only have dancers Wednesday through Saturday Nights after 7:30 PM. There is a $5 cover charge and a two drink minimum. I have not been there when they had dancers; so I cannot attest to the quality. The decor is typical for a bar, with lots of beer, liquor and sports posters. They have one pool table, several dart boards and a small stage for the dancers. It was pretty dead on Sunday afternoon. For Huachuca City it is about the only place in town.
Dress Code: No real dress code. Most of the locals wear jeans and cowboy attire.
Address: 830 Arizona Street, Huachuca City
Directions: On the main street through town.
Phone: (520) 456-9806
Theme: Adult Spot
Gay 90s Bar
There are three things people go to the Gay 90's Bar for. Drinking, listening to country music and shooting pool. Hours are 10 AM to 1 AM 365 days a year. The decor was normal for a bar. Neon advertisements for various alcoholic beverages and posters for beers many with scantily clad women. The main difference was the mixture of advertisements and posters in Spanish. The two pool tables looked pretty good. A tall glass of Sprite cost me a buck. Photo to follow.
Dress Code: The clientele tended to be older (like senior citizen older). Dress was blue jeans and western style shirts mixed with a couple of guys in motorcycle gear. Bottom Line: Dress down or you will stand out even more than you already do since you are not a local.
Address: 3856 Towner Avenue
Directions: From Naco Highway make a right at the sign leading to Naco. At the stop sign take a left. The Gay 90's Bar will be on the right. There is parking just past the bar.
Phone: (520) 432-4677
More Reviews (218)
- See All Average Food, Good Value in Eagar
- See All Very Nice Motel in Eagar
- See All Casa Grande National Monument
- Hiking at Chiricahua National Monument
Basaic's Related Pages
Arizona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful, Historic Arizona"
- "WALK IN BEAUTY"
- "Jumping Around Our Very Own State - ARIZONA!"
- "Arizona, breathtaking scenery"
- "Jumping Thelma and Louise in Arizona!!!"
- "Raising Arizona to New Heights"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arizona
- Hotels in Arizona
- Transportation in Arizona
- Nightlife in Arizona
- Restaurants in Arizona
- Shopping in Arizona
- Warnings and Dangers in Arizona
- See All...
Explore the World
- West Looe Hotels
- Varsany Hotels
- Castelló de Empúries Hotels
- Castleblayney Hotels
Badges & Stats in Arizona
- 1,969 Reviews
- 5,189 Photos
- 25 Forum posts
- 189 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (141)
Have you been to Arizona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arizona
- Posted in Travel North America Forum "Re: Need ideas"
- Wrote a Review Average Food, Good Value in Eagar in Arizona Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Average Food, Good Value in Eagar"
- Commented on one of Geoff_Wright's Arizona travel pages
- updated a Arizona Travelogue "Highlights in Northwest Arizona"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 104 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (106)
Top Arizona hotels
- Sedona Hotels
- 865 Reviews - 2017 Photos
- Scottsdale Hotels
- 254 Reviews - 597 Photos
- Phoenix Hotels
- 744 Reviews - 1533 Photos
- Tucson Hotels
- 953 Reviews - 2189 Photos
- Grand Canyon Hotels
- 945 Reviews - 3128 Photos
- Flagstaff Hotels
- 394 Reviews - 769 Photos
- Kayenta Hotels
- 14 Reviews - 41 Photos
- Tempe Hotels
- 96 Reviews - 216 Photos
- Winslow Hotels
- 34 Reviews - 145 Photos
- Yuma Hotels
- 194 Reviews - 428 Photos
- Payson Hotels
- 63 Reviews - 180 Photos
- Holbrook Hotels
- 46 Reviews - 177 Photos
- Lake Havasu City Hotels
- 95 Reviews - 208 Photos
- Oro Valley Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 47 Photos
- Prescott Hotels
- 74 Reviews - 171 Photos