"Beautiful, Historic Arizona" Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona by Basaic
Arizona Travel Guide: 10,506 reviews and 28,566 photos
Even though Arizona was the 48th state and has only been a state since 1912, Arizona has a long history. There is evidence that the area that is now Arizona was inhabited over 13,000 years ago by the Clovis People. Many other people were attracted to this beautiful land, like the Hohokam, Sinagua, Anasazi and other indigenous peoples. Many European cultures explored the area and left their mark on the land and the poeple. Arizona is also home to the Grand Canyon and numerous other sites of natural beauty. Arizona has mountains, lakes rivers, deserts, cacti, and several unique species of plants and animals.
For more information you can consult the following pages: Saguaro National Park - East; Petrified Forest National Park; The Hubbell Trading Post National Historic Site (see my Ganado page); Canyon De Chelly National Monument; Montezuma's Castle National Monument; Chiricahua National Monument; Coronado National Monument; Fort Bowie National Historic Site (see my Bowie Page); Tonto National Monument (coming soon) Tumacacori National Historic Park; Boyce Thompson Arboretum State Park (coming soon to my Superior Page); Catalina State Park; Kartchner Caverns State Park (see my Benson Page); Lost Dutchman State Park (coming soon); McFarland State Historic Park (see my Florence Page); Oracle State Park (see my Oracle Page); Patagonia State Park; Picacho Peak State Park; Roper Lake State Park (coming soon to my Safford Page); Tubac Presidio State Park (see my page); Tombstone Courthouse State Park; Yuma Prison State Park (see my Yuma Page); Kinishba Ruins (see my Whiteriver page), Fort Apache; Fairbank Ghost Town; Charleston Ghost Town; the Meteor Crater; Cochise Stronghold (see my Pearce Page); Salt River Canyon (see my Salt River Page); Murray Springs Clovis Site and the San Pedro House (see my Sierra Vista Page).
Arizona has full sized modern cities like Phoenix and Tucson and small towns that have resisted the pull of modern times. There is always something interesting to see in Arizona.
My Arizona City/Small Town Pages: Arivaca, Benson; Bisbee; Bowie; Camp Verde; Chinle; Dos Cabezas; Douglas; Dragoon; Eloy; Flagstaff; Ganado; Gila Bend; Green Valley; Hereford; Holbrook; Huachuca City; Patagonia; Pearce; Sedona; Sierra Vista; St. David; Tombstone; Tubac; Tucson; Willcox; Winslow; and Yuma.
To try and make this increasingly large page more user friendly I will start making a general Thing To Do Tip on a location like a National Monument, Sate Park or other place and then refer you to other pages for details. I may add an extra tip to point out something special. I will probably list all hotels, restaurants and nightlife tips as is. I will try to refine my Things to Do Tips. The Travelogues will summarize the attractions for a part of Arizona. Feedback and suggestions are welcome.
- Pros:History, Natural Beauty, Interesting Towns
- In a nutshell:Something for Everyone
$12 as of July 2012. Trail Riders has a menu of steaks, chicken, pork chops and fish along with sandwiches. Meals come... more travel advice
Motel 6 is one of my favorites because it provides decent accomodations at a budget price. Usually. This motel is very... more travel advice
- See All Casa Grande National Monument
- Hiking at Chiricahua National Monument
- See All Historic Bar in Arivaca
- See All Native American Artifacts in San Xavier
Basaic's Related Pages
Arizona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful, Historic Arizona"
- "WALK IN BEAUTY"
- "Jumping Around Our Very Own State - ARIZONA!"
- "Arizona, breathtaking scenery"
- "Jumping Thelma and Louise in Arizona!!!"
- "Raising Arizona to New Heights"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arizona
- Hotels in Arizona
- Transportation in Arizona
- Nightlife in Arizona
- Restaurants in Arizona
- Shopping in Arizona
- Warnings and Dangers in Arizona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arizona
- 1,978 Reviews
- 5,203 Photos
- 28 Forum posts
- 189 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (148)
Have you been to Arizona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arizona
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Collecting Postcards for my..."
- Wrote a Review Average Food, Good Value in Eagar in Arizona Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Average Food, Good Value in Eagar"
- Commented on one of Geoff_Wright's Arizona travel pages
- updated a Arizona Travelogue "Highlights in Northwest Arizona"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 114 reviews, 209 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos