"Beautiful, Historic Arizona" Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona by Basaic

Arizona Travel Guide: 10,552 reviews and 28,750 photos

History

Even though Arizona was the 48th state and has only been a state since 1912, Arizona has a long history. There is evidence that the area that is now Arizona was inhabited over 13,000 years ago by the Clovis People. Many other people were attracted to this beautiful land, like the Hohokam, Sinagua, Anasazi and other indigenous peoples. Many European cultures explored the area and left their mark on the land and the poeple. Arizona is also home to the Grand Canyon and numerous other sites of natural beauty. Arizona has mountains, lakes rivers, deserts, cacti, and several unique species of plants and animals.

For more information you can consult the following pages: Saguaro National Park - East; Petrified Forest National Park; The Hubbell Trading Post National Historic Site (see my Ganado page); Canyon De Chelly National Monument; Montezuma's Castle National Monument; Chiricahua National Monument; Coronado National Monument; Fort Bowie National Historic Site (see my Bowie Page); Tonto National Monument (coming soon) Tumacacori National Historic Park; Boyce Thompson Arboretum State Park (coming soon to my Superior Page); Catalina State Park; Kartchner Caverns State Park (see my Benson Page); Lost Dutchman State Park (coming soon); McFarland State Historic Park (see my Florence Page); Oracle State Park (see my Oracle Page); Patagonia State Park; Picacho Peak State Park; Roper Lake State Park (coming soon to my Safford Page); Tubac Presidio State Park (see my page); Tombstone Courthouse State Park; Yuma Prison State Park (see my Yuma Page); Kinishba Ruins (see my Whiteriver page), Fort Apache; Fairbank Ghost Town; Charleston Ghost Town; the Meteor Crater; Cochise Stronghold (see my Pearce Page); Salt River Canyon (see my Salt River Page); Murray Springs Clovis Site and the San Pedro House (see my Sierra Vista Page).

Interesting Towns and Cities

Arizona has full sized modern cities like Phoenix and Tucson and small towns that have resisted the pull of modern times. There is always something interesting to see in Arizona.

My Arizona City/Small Town Pages: Arivaca, Benson; Bisbee; Bowie; Camp Verde; Chinle; Dos Cabezas; Douglas; Dragoon; Eloy; Flagstaff; Ganado; Gila Bend; Green Valley; Hereford; Holbrook; Huachuca City; Patagonia; Pearce; Sedona; Sierra Vista; St. David; Tombstone; Tubac; Tucson; Willcox; Winslow; and Yuma.

User Friendly??

To try and make this increasingly large page more user friendly I will start making a general Thing To Do Tip on a location like a National Monument, Sate Park or other place and then refer you to other pages for details. I may add an extra tip to point out something special. I will probably list all hotels, restaurants and nightlife tips as is. I will try to refine my Things to Do Tips. The Travelogues will summarize the attractions for a part of Arizona. Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

• Pros:History, Natural Beauty, Interesting Towns
  • In a nutshell:Something for Everyone
  • Last visit to Arizona: Dec 2009
  • Intro Updated Dec 16, 2009

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2012 at 1:23 AM

We drove thru Arizona on our 'Wild West' (as I named it) guided tour a few years back...before VT.
    Great to see so many hotel tips...if I am planning my own journey I always research VT hotels but sometimes they are few and far between.
    Where did I read you overtook hikers...stick and all...?Weird looks?

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Thanks for a great tour through my favourite state, Jim :-)

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Wow, everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask. Well done.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Gosh-this state has so much to see and do with a variety of scenery with different climate impacts. YOur really have been around the region a lot. Nice discussion on the areas.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2010 at 3:51 PM

Wow.... what so many helpful tips of Arizona State. Bring back fond memories of my visit to Tucson.

• VZ-Pam's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Where is your next destination ?!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Hi, Jim! Arizona looks like a big attraction... Thanks for your detailed page! Good luck in your futher travels!...

• leics's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2009 at 11:53 AM

From one teacher to another..........go to Malta, if only for the temples! :-) J

• malianrob's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2009 at 6:03 PM

Wow, you have been everywhere in Arizona! Great Pages!!

• joiwatani's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Great job on Arizona site, Jim!

Basaic Used To Live Here!

Basaic

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”

Badges & Stats in Arizona

• 1,978 Reviews
  • 5,203 Photos

Have you been to Arizona?