"Basaic Alabama Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Alabama by Basaic
Alabama Travel Guide: 1,678 reviews and 4,183 photos
Alabama has at least six national level sites to include: Horseshoe Bend National Military Park (see my page); Little River Canyon National Preserve; Natchez Trace National Trail; Russell Cave National Monument (page coming soon); Tuskegee Airmen National Historical Park (see my Tuskegee Page); and Tuskegee Institue National Historic Park (see my Tuskegee Page). Alabama also has several National Wildlife Refuges; like Bon Secour (see my page) and National Forests.
Alabama also has over 20 state parks featuring beaches, lakes, rivers, and mountains. The parks offer all types of water sports, hiking trails, campgrounds, and other facilities. So far I have been to Chewacla State Park (see my page); Gulf State Park (see my page); Historic Blakeley State Park (see my page); and Moundville Historic Park (page coming soon).
The capital of Alabama is Montgomery. Montgomery has a population of over 200,000 and figured prominently in the civil rights movement. Other larger cities are Birmingham, Mobile (page coming soon) and Huntsville. There are also lots of nice smaller towns. Recent places I visited (April 2013) include: Auburn, Selma, Opelika and Montgomery all of which were interesting.
- In a nutshell:Sample Some Southern Hospitality
Russell Cave is located in what is now the Northeast corner of Alabama. Archeological findings have shown that the cave... more travel advice
Grove Hill is the county seat of Clarke County and is in Southwest Alabama. The area was occupied by Creek and Choctaw... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Alabama Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Alabama Page"
- "Alabama Back Roads and Byways"
- "Ancestral Home of the Four Tribes"
- "Native American Festival on the Mountain"
- "RhondaRuth's Vacation in Alabama"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alabama
- Hotels in Alabama
- Transportation in Alabama
- Nightlife in Alabama
- Restaurants in Alabama
- Shopping in Alabama
- Warnings and Dangers in Alabama
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alabama
- 345 Reviews
- 844 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 46 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (148)
Have you been to Alabama?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alabama
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 114 reviews, 209 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos