"Basaic Alabama Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Alabama by Basaic

Alabama Travel Guide: 1,722 reviews and 4,355 photos

National Parks

Alabama has at least six national level sites to include: Horseshoe Bend National Military Park (see my page); Little River Canyon National Preserve; Natchez Trace National Trail; Russell Cave National Monument (page coming soon); Tuskegee Airmen National Historical Park (see my Tuskegee Page); and Tuskegee Institue National Historic Park (see my Tuskegee Page). Alabama also has several National Wildlife Refuges; like Bon Secour (see my page) and National Forests.

State Parks

Alabama also has over 20 state parks featuring beaches, lakes, rivers, and mountains. The parks offer all types of water sports, hiking trails, campgrounds, and other facilities. So far I have been to Chewacla State Park (see my page); Gulf State Park (see my page); Historic Blakeley State Park (see my page); and Moundville Historic Park (page coming soon).

Cities, Towns and Other Things

The capital of Alabama is Montgomery. Montgomery has a population of over 200,000 and figured prominently in the civil rights movement. Other larger cities are Birmingham, Mobile (page coming soon) and Huntsville. There are also lots of nice smaller towns. Recent places I visited (April 2013) include: Auburn, Selma, Opelika and Montgomery all of which were interesting.

• In a nutshell:Sample Some Southern Hospitality
  • Last visit to Alabama: Apr 2013
  • Intro Updated Jun 1, 2013

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I have often heard of Alabama so it was of interest I read what to see and do here, there seems to be plenty!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Great tips. Excellent summary of small towns in Alabama.

• xaver's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2010 at 12:46 AM

nice, Gulf State Park looks like a beach I'd enjoy.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2010 at 4:31 AM

Gotta love that name - Tuskegee - and it looks like a great old town to explore.

• Oct 12, 2009 at 1:37 PM

The Macon Motel sounds like horrible place!

Basaic

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”

Badges & Stats in Alabama

Have you been to Alabama?

Latest Activity in Alabama