"San Remo - Gem of the Italian Riviera" Top 5 Page for this destination San Remo by Basaic

San Remo Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 89 photos

Downtown San Remo

San Remo is one of the last towns on the Italian Riviera before you get to France. It has great views of the Ligurian Sea and nice beaches. San Remo was famous as a spa and health area in the 19th Century. Lots of Russians, other Europeans and Americans flocked to San Remo. If you tire of the beach, San Remo also has a casino and lots of trendy shops. San Remo also boasts lots of flower gardens, hotels, good restaurants and an abundant nightlife. The people, like almost every Italian I ever met, are very nice and friendly (still get an occasional e-mail from a friend in San Remo). I look forward to my next trip to San Remo.

Attractions?

Each year there is a song festival at the Ariston Theater (see my tip).

The Beach

Of course one of the main attractions in San Remo is the beach, and the scenes of the sea.

• Pros:Very Pretty Town in Good Location
  • Cons:None I Noticed
  • In a nutshell:Great Place to Hang Out on the Italian Riviera
  • Intro Updated Feb 14, 2013

• Jerelis's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Very nice tips and pictures of this interesting destination. Thanx for sharing!

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2010 at 1:11 AM

a great place indeed

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2010 at 3:43 PM

What-another nice little town in Italy? YOu must have had a nice time of it there. Good presentation.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2010 at 10:09 AM

Hi, Jim! Thanks for your story and pictures!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2009 at 6:49 PM

An excellent page of San Remo.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2009 at 1:38 PM

I have on several occasions driven across San Remo but never visited! Thank you for giving a glimpse of the city!

• jgemini65's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2008 at 9:28 PM

San Remo is such a great location...makes me think of a few of my favorite movies shot there!

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2008 at 3:53 AM

Enjoyed your San Remo pages - hope to see more. Ciao, Carol

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2007 at 9:51 AM

Hello Jim, I'm hesitating between visiting again the MET museum and exposing myself to the bed bugs in NYC! Nice to read you liked the old continent and San Remo.

Basaic

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”

Badges & Stats in San Remo

Have you been to San Remo?