"Bali getaway..." Bali by tracyskf

Bali Travel Guide: 6,673 reviews and 16,977 photos

~ Day 1 & 2 ~

Had a refreshing trip to Bali from 10th Jan 2007 to 16th Jan 2007 with Mom! Very romantic indeed.

~ Day 1 ~

Arrived at Denpasar, checked in to Sanur Paradise. Thanks to Sis for sponsoring accomodation and flight!

~ Day 2 ~

Catched sunrise at Sanur beach early in the morning. Next, watched the Barong dance - I felt like sleeping, like watching Ultraman... Next visited a couple of arts village, Mas (wood carvings) and Celuk (silver works). Lunch at Kintamani overlooking the spectacular volcano Mt Batur.

Then, went to Tampaksiring, the holy spring temple has 2 spots of spring - one for the locals to take their bath, the other for tourists. One of the locals (old uncle) told me to wash my face 3 times with the water. I did so...

I like this place the most, as this is where I got a very beautiful handbag! We didn't know the "best price" so we were following another group of M'sian and checked out the way they bargains. Haha, my handbag costs only 25,000 rp - definitely a good bargain!

Next, visited the Elephant Cave and several local tourist spots...

~ Day 3 ~ (Bedugul Lake & Tanah Lot Tour)

In the morning, visited Taman Ayun, the royal family temple. After that, visited Bedugul, the temple surrounded by Lake. This is somewhat like Cameron Highlands, we went quite high uphill and the most cooling place in Bali for these few days! (I was so sunburn!)

Next, visited Monkey Forest. Check out some cheeky pictures here... even that of a pregnant monkey!

In the evening, saw beautiful beautiful sunset at Tanah Lot, the most beautiful spot in Bali! We were on a cliff top and caught spectacular views of the waves splashing to the rocks beneath. One of the most memorable moments...

Day 4 ~ (Free & Easy Kuta)

We explored Kuta beach and the Hard Rock Hotel , spent a day in town, the biggest shopping mall there, Matahari, tried Indonesian KFC (they come with rice!)...

Well, it had been a while since I last went on a trip with Mom. This one has brought us closer together. Love it!

• Pros:Extremely beautiful sunrise and sunset
  • Cons:Weather was extremely hot except for the mountains.
  • In a nutshell:Am so glad I went on this "romantic" trip with Mom!
  • Last visit to Bali: Jan 2007
  • Intro Updated May 28, 2007

Travelogues (1)

• Durfun's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2011 at 9:31 AM

What a brilliant overview of the best Bali has to offer. Thanks

• maztek's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2007 at 8:13 AM

Simple and nicely narrated trip....at least i have got good idea of this place..thanks

tracyskf