"So much to see....." Kristymamoo's Profile

It's Christmas!!!!!!

Well, less than a week to go until Santa arrives!!! Can't say I've been able to muster up much excitement this year but I am looking forward to the New Year!!

Hope everyone is well and happy and wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a fantastic New Year :-) xx

Is it really that time of year already????

My word, I can't believe we've hit November already! We haven't managed to get away anywhere this year but it's still disappeared frighteningly fast!!

We've just tidied up after the fancy dress shenanigans for Halloween last night and now we are preparing for Lucy's 8th birthday part tomorrow - then I'll just have time to catch my breath in time for Christmas!

Hope everyone is happy and well :-)

And she's off....!!

So, after much deliberation and careful consideration it was agreed that Emma should go to China with her dad to celebrate the Chinese New Year and to benefit from the experience of a lifetime while we accepted that, as yet, Lucy was far too young to spend so much time away from home.

Emma will be taking off on a 13 hour flight from Heathrow on the 31st December and returning on 18th February. I'm dreading saying goodbye for so long but I know she will have a great time and be left with memories that will last her a lifetime.

This week she has had her vaccinations and the next step is to buy suitable clothing for her adventure - and also to await Father Christmas' gift of her very own digital camera so she can record her adventures and experiences here on VT. In the next few weeks Emma will be setting up her own page here on VT so she has a way of documenting and sharing her thoughts and experiences with her friends and family back home.

Check out Emma's pages: Username "mini-moo"

A little about me.....

I am 29 years old with two children (aged 10 & 7) and a fabulous man to share my life with!! (aka p711scotty on VT)

I live on the Isle of Man and, as such, I am an avid fan of motorsports - in particular anything to do with motorbikes. I love the annual TT celebrations and everything that goes with it.

Other than the excitment of the TT I enjoy a pretty quiet life. I love being with my family and make the most of the beautiful scenery we have here with countless walks on the many beaches and in the glens.

My Travels...

Up to now I haven't really seen much of our big wide world but I'm determined that is about to change. I have made a vow that I will visit at least one new place every year from now on.

I want to see the world and I also want my children to have that opportunity too. I didn't do the whole "off on my travels" thing after college becasue I had my children young and I intend to make up for that now.

Any advice on where I should and shouldn't take the children would be gratefully received....

Where would I like to go....

There is nowhere in the world I wouldn't like to go but there are a few places which are high up on my wish list:

- The Indian Ocean (I want to swim with sharks - don't ask why coz I
don't know!!)
- Australia
- Croatia
- The Greek Islands
- The Caribbean
- Iceland

I never used to be attracted to the USA but I have seen so many fabulous photo's and read so much info on VT that I have now changed my mind and would love to spend a couple of weeks there some time - maybe on a bit of a road trip with the kids? Again, any thoughts / ideas welcome.

When the children are older I would like to go on a safari and maybe go trekking to see Victoria Falls, along with the other "must - sees" like the Pyramids and the Great Wall of China.

• Intro Updated Dec 19, 2008

• pattypoo's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2011 at 7:41 AM

Another Years Passes. Have a wonderful Birthday Kirsty and hope you'r all still happy together..

• into-thin-air's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2009 at 4:13 AM

Hi Kristy, Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas and Good Health & Prosperity for 2010 from Rob in Cumbria

• kopwint's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2009 at 7:24 AM

happy and free in your great birthday and get harmony and success wish you from Burma...

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Hi Kristy, a very happy birthday to you.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Happy Birthday!!! Cheers from Penang, SL :)

• Onedragon's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Thanks for the Kind wishes !! I hope your NEW YEAR is Fabulous !!! : ) NOW !!! Happy Birthday !!!!! : )

• jadedmuse's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Hey K, Happy New Year to you and yours. M

• mickli's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2008 at 12:20 AM

Hey Kristy, How are you doing ? Hope everything is going on well. How about your travel plans ? Take care. Michael

• Deus_ultima's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2008 at 6:17 AM

If you ever come to North wales, let us know! we'll show you nice places. :)

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2008 at 8:28 AM

Thanks so much. I see for your HP that you and I have some wish list trips in common.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!