"So much to see....." Kristymamoo's Profile
Well, less than a week to go until Santa arrives!!! Can't say I've been able to muster up much excitement this year but I am looking forward to the New Year!!
Hope everyone is well and happy and wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a fantastic New Year :-) xx
My word, I can't believe we've hit November already! We haven't managed to get away anywhere this year but it's still disappeared frighteningly fast!!
We've just tidied up after the fancy dress shenanigans for Halloween last night and now we are preparing for Lucy's 8th birthday part tomorrow - then I'll just have time to catch my breath in time for Christmas!
Hope everyone is happy and well :-)
So, after much deliberation and careful consideration it was agreed that Emma should go to China with her dad to celebrate the Chinese New Year and to benefit from the experience of a lifetime while we accepted that, as yet, Lucy was far too young to spend so much time away from home.
Emma will be taking off on a 13 hour flight from Heathrow on the 31st December and returning on 18th February. I'm dreading saying goodbye for so long but I know she will have a great time and be left with memories that will last her a lifetime.
This week she has had her vaccinations and the next step is to buy suitable clothing for her adventure - and also to await Father Christmas' gift of her very own digital camera so she can record her adventures and experiences here on VT. In the next few weeks Emma will be setting up her own page here on VT so she has a way of documenting and sharing her thoughts and experiences with her friends and family back home.
Check out Emma's pages: Username "mini-moo"
I am 29 years old with two children (aged 10 & 7) and a fabulous man to share my life with!! (aka p711scotty on VT)
I live on the Isle of Man and, as such, I am an avid fan of motorsports - in particular anything to do with motorbikes. I love the annual TT celebrations and everything that goes with it.
Other than the excitment of the TT I enjoy a pretty quiet life. I love being with my family and make the most of the beautiful scenery we have here with countless walks on the many beaches and in the glens.
Up to now I haven't really seen much of our big wide world but I'm determined that is about to change. I have made a vow that I will visit at least one new place every year from now on.
I want to see the world and I also want my children to have that opportunity too. I didn't do the whole "off on my travels" thing after college becasue I had my children young and I intend to make up for that now.
Any advice on where I should and shouldn't take the children would be gratefully received....
There is nowhere in the world I wouldn't like to go but there are a few places which are high up on my wish list:
- The Indian Ocean (I want to swim with sharks - don't ask why coz I
- The Greek Islands
- The Caribbean
I never used to be attracted to the USA but I have seen so many fabulous photo's and read so much info on VT that I have now changed my mind and would love to spend a couple of weeks there some time - maybe on a bit of a road trip with the kids? Again, any thoughts / ideas welcome.
When the children are older I would like to go on a safari and maybe go trekking to see Victoria Falls, along with the other "must - sees" like the Pyramids and the Great Wall of China.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 32 Reviews
- 122 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Kristymamoo and roz.van are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "So much to see....."
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Help Me To Choose My FIRST..."
- Commented on Deus_ultima's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fancy Dress"
- Wrote a Review Get away from it all.... in Blackpool Off The Beaten Path
- updated a Bowness-on-Windermere Travel Page "Weekends Away"
Top 5 Pages
- Isle of Man Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Isla de Fuerteventura Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos
- China Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Blackpool Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Bowness-on-Windermere Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22500 Reviews - 55076 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23331 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15645 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3100 Reviews - 5884 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10316 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos