"Gateway to the Front Range and Rockies" Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins by HasTowelWillTravel
Fort Collins Travel Guide: 160 reviews and 285 photos
My parents moved again in 2009, this time setting up shop in Fort Collins, CO. Thus, when winter came and released me from graduate school for a brief respite, I hopped on a jet plane to go explore this state. Fort Collins was a delightful surprise. A good-sized town, it had many amenities usually ascribed to larger cities (multiple local restaurants, good groceries, movie theaters, things to do), but still retained the feeling of a small town.
It proved to be a good launch pad for exploring the Front Range of the Rockies, which are less than an hour drive's away. I spent quite a bit of time there, and have mined the town for some cool places to eat, shop, and get active (even in winter!).
The small city of Fort Collins is bustling in the summertime, when warm sun and blue skies tempt people outdoors to enjoy the city's many restaurants, shops, movies, and outdoor activities. It is a revelation, how vibrant that small town can be.
- Pros:Restaurants, light traffic, good basecamp for Rocky Mountain Fun
- Cons:Dry climate, flat, sometimes a bit small
- In a nutshell:Up for mountain adventure? Start here.
This small installation, found in an old bank building downtown, houses the Fort Collins Museum of Art. As the town is a... more travel advice
Washington's has been around Fort Collins since the late 70s, and is still an eclectic place to eat or enjoy an evening... more travel advice
HasTowelWillTravel's Related Pages
Fort Collins Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hail to thee, our alma mater...."
- "Fort Collins, Colorado"
- "Gateway to the Front Range and Rockies"
- "New Belgium: Bikes & The German Wife Factor"
- "FORT collins"
- "Fort Collins, CO"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fort Collins
- Hotels in Fort Collins
- Transportation in Fort Collins
- Nightlife in Fort Collins
- Restaurants in Fort Collins
- Shopping in Fort Collins
- Warnings and Dangers in Fort Collins
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fort Collins
- 19 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Fort Collins?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Collins
Photos in Fort CollinsSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos
- Seattle Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos
- Denali National Park and Preserve Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dutch Harbor Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos
- Seldovia Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Champaign Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Custer State Park Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Caye Caulker Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos