"Indescribable" San Francisco by HasTowelWillTravel
San Francisco Travel Guide: 9,094 reviews and 19,127 photos
Having lived in Berkeley and Oakland, it is inevitable that one spends a fair amount of time in San Francisco. It is larger than either of those cities, with more things to do and places to go. You also come to realize that San Francisco is a very unique city. It is almost a living presence; it is not just a collection of bricks and mortar, it is more than that. Being in San Francisco is an experience unto itself.
There are so many different things to do in San Francisco it is nearly impossible to describe them all. So, here I will try to illuminate some of my favorite spots to eat, drink, and explore. I'm more than happy to help with travel advice, should that need arise, and I'll be updating this as I go. There might be a dearth of pictures so far, since this is an after-the-fact writing, and one does not often take pictures of the things you visit most often (stores, local places). So bare with me please.
- Pros:Food, Climate, Culture, Atmosphere, People...
- Cons:Expensive, bad parking
- In a nutshell:One of the greatest cities in the world
In May, the Mission District usually holds a parade commemorating Carnival. It contains numerous dancers, musicians, and... more travel advice
HasTowelWillTravel's Related Pages
San Francisco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bagdad by the Bay"
- "San Francisco - My Favorie City - By Default"
- "San Francisco - "It's a free-for-all up there!""
- "SFO ... a declassé love letter to the CITY"
- "San Francisco: Why this heart never leaves"
- "I Left My Heart..."
- "San Francisco is Really Shaking Things Up!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Francisco
- Hotels in San Francisco
- Transportation in San Francisco
- Nightlife in San Francisco
- Restaurants in San Francisco
- Shopping in San Francisco
- Warnings and Dangers in San Francisco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Francisco
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Francisco
Photos in San FranciscoSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos
- Seattle Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos
- Denali National Park and Preserve Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dutch Harbor Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos
- Seldovia Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Champaign Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Custer State Park Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Caye Caulker Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
Latest San Francisco hotel reviews
- Travelodge San Francisco At The Presidio
- 358 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Mithila Hotel
- 111 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 23, 2013
- Hostelling International San Francisco City Center
- 94 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Orchard Garden Hotel
- 723 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Hotel Frank San Francisco
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
- El Capitan Hotel
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Palace Hotel
- 1114 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Parker Guest House
- 421 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Wharf Inn
- 303 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 27, 2013
- 1818 California St.
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Jul 9, 2011
- Chateau Tivoli
- 89 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Cow Hollow Motor Inn and Suites
- 306 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Alpha Inn and Suites San Francisco
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 23, 2013
- Four Points by Sheraton Hotel & Suites San Francisco Airport
- 217 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013