Death Valley National Park Nightlife Tips by HasTowelWillTravel
Death Valley National Park Nightlife: 8 reviews and 6 photos
the night sky over Badwater Basin
When the moon is full, take a walk out along Badwater Basin. Bring a flashlight for sure to help you around. It is the lowest place in North America, and it is eerily quiet and dark. You are miles and miles away from any semblance of civilization, and you can feel it. The stars wheel overhead, as the moon casts a ghostly pallor on the salt flat under your feet. Take a moment to look up at the sky, or just sit on the salt and enjoy the silence. Aside from being broken by a lone car (which is rare at night), there is complete silence. You cannot appreciate that everywhere these days, so it is a treat. Take some pictures of the landscape, but be prepared to have the shutter open a long time (the shot below is 60 seconds), but that is not necessary. It is worth it just to feel the isolation and largeness of the wide world, out on the flat in the dark.
More Reviews (7)
HasTowelWillTravel's Related Pages
Death Valley National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Death Valley National Park Page"
- "Death Valley ? No, a valley of flowers !"
- "~ Blooming with life!~"
- "Into the Valley of Death..."
- "Death Valley - Land of Beauty and Contrasts"
- "Death Valley"
- "Multiple Colors in the "Death" Desert"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Death Valley National Park
- Hotels in Death Valley National Park
- Transportation in Death Valley National Park
- Nightlife in Death Valley National Park
- Restaurants in Death Valley National Park
- Shopping in Death Valley National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Death Valley National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Shimla Hotels
- Laguna Guerrero Hotels
- Bridge City Hotels
- Lago de Atitlán
- San Salvador de Jujuy
- Province of Quirino Hotels
Badges & Stats in Death Valley National Park
- 8 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Death Valley National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Death Valley National Park
Photos in Death Valley National ParkSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos
- Seattle Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos
- Denali National Park and Preserve Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dutch Harbor Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos
- Seldovia Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Champaign Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Custer State Park Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Caye Caulker Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
Latest Death Valley National Park hotel reviews
- Stovepipe Wells Village
- 629 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Furnace Creek Campground
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 19, 2013
- Furnace Creek Inn and Ranch Resort
- 1253 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Mesquite Springs Campground
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 16, 2013
- Sunset Campground
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 8, 2012
- Scottys Castle- 42 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Badwater- 41 Reviews, 64 Photos
- Sand Dunes- 41 Reviews, 69 Photos
- Dante's View- 23 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Artist's Drive- 25 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Devil's Golf Course- 22 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Ubehebe Crater- 18 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Zabriske's Point- 31 Reviews, 50 Photos
- Harmony Borax Mines- 21 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Salt Creek Trail- 7 Reviews, 11 Photos