"Town to get away in" Seldovia by HasTowelWillTravel
Seldovia Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 149 photos
One of the things that is great about Seldovia is the isolation. This small town of ~300 is tucked on the other side of the bay from Homer, and could not be more different in temperment. It is a quiet town, one that has no major roads leading from it to other places, giving it a sense of peace. At night, you can sit out and hear what quiet sounds like. No roads or highway traffic, no major airport, no factory or industry churning out noise. Just the calm of the night.
But don't make this seem like there's nothing to do there. It hosts some good hiking, kayaking, fishing, whale watching, and berry picking. So get out and explore the region.
- Pros:Quiet pace of life, get-away-from-it-all spot
- Cons:Expensive to eat, limited access
Seldovia has an odd tradition of a chainsaw carving contest. Guys rev up and slice through wood logs, then set to work... more travel advice
Fenske's Warehouse Books and Coffee is not like normal. It sits right on the slough of Seldovia, so you can sit on the... more travel advice
HasTowelWillTravel's Related Pages
Seldovia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Southcentral Alaska"
- "Really Nice Once You Get There"
- "Isolated and Small"
- "Town to get away in"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seldovia
- Hotels in Seldovia
- Transportation in Seldovia
- Nightlife in Seldovia
- Restaurants in Seldovia
- Shopping in Seldovia
- Warnings and Dangers in Seldovia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seldovia
- 12 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Seldovia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seldovia
Photos in SeldoviaSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos
- Seattle Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos
- Denali National Park and Preserve Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dutch Harbor Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos
- Seldovia Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Champaign Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Custer State Park Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Caye Caulker Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos