"Plains, Wats, Adventure" Sukhothai by HasTowelWillTravel
Sukhothai Travel Guide: 226 reviews and 751 photos
Central Thailand is easy to overlook during a visit to the country, zipping from the main tourist Meccas of Bangkok and Chiang Mai. However, it is definitely a place worth seeing and checking out.
The main attraction is Sukhothai Historical Park, a UN World Heritage Site and the location of the first Thai capital in the 13-14th century. The ruins are fabulous to behold, worth a whole day's rambling in itself.
There are plenty of other places to visit in the area. Si Satchanalai is another wonderful ruin site. The kilns of the area produced some of the finest pottery in Asia at one point, rivaling that of Japan and China.
So take your time to get off the train and explore. The area will open up its secrets if you give it some attention.
This is without a doubt my favorite temple in Thailand. This tower has an air of mystery and magnificence about it which... more travel advice
This wat situated southwest off the main center of old Sukhothai has some fabulous pieces of Ceylonian-influenced... more travel advice
HasTowelWillTravel's Related Pages
Sukhothai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Temples and Monks"
- "The Ancient Capital"
- "Ancient ruins and quiet village"
- "The Dawn of happiness"
- "Sukotai: daytime"
- "First time in Sukhothai"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sukhothai
- Hotels in Sukhothai
- Transportation in Sukhothai
- Nightlife in Sukhothai
- Restaurants in Sukhothai
- Shopping in Sukhothai
- Warnings and Dangers in Sukhothai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sukhothai
- 5 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Sukhothai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sukhothai
Photos in SukhothaiSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos
- Seattle Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos
- Denali National Park and Preserve Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dutch Harbor Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos
- Seldovia Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Champaign Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Custer State Park Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Caye Caulker Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos