"Paro: Gateway to Bhutan" Paro by HasTowelWillTravel
Paro Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 67 photos
With only the rarest of exception, a traveler's first contact with the country of Bhutan, as it contains the only operating airport within the country limits. However, while it is not the final destination of most visitors to the country, there is a lot to see and do to occupy a visitor to the city.
The airport that you see upon entering Paro is among the most beautiful that I've encountered. It is undoubtedly small, quaint, and handles only a few flights a day. However, it has beautiful architecture, with a lot of detail all through the buildings.
The greatest sight to visit while near Paro is Takstang, the Tiger's Nest Monastery. Built upon the cliff face nearly 1000 m above the surrounding valley, it is an impressive sight, and begs for you to climb up and visit its wonders up close. While a fairly grueling hike, it is without a doubt worth it, and I highly recommend it.
Probably the most famous site in Bhutan for outsiders, the Tiger's Nest Monastery, sits alongside a sheer cliff... more travel advice
HasTowelWillTravel's Related Pages
Paro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paro, the Second Largest City in Bhutan"
- "Paro: The gate of Bhutan"
- "Paro: Gateway to Bhutan"
- "Paro - The Quiet Hamlet"
- "Shangri-La (Bhutan)"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paro
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Paro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paro
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos
- Seattle Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos
- Denali National Park and Preserve Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dutch Harbor Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos
- Seldovia Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Champaign Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Custer State Park Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Caye Caulker Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos