"Born to Be a Traveler" om_212's Profile
Fascination with the Maya culture brought me to Mexico and Guatemala in April-May 2008. that was the first self-designed trip outside of Ukraine. the 18-days trip included visiting: Isla Mujeres (M) - Tikal (G) - Semuc Champey- Antigua - Lago Atitlan - San Cristobal Del Las Casas (M) - Aqua Azul and Misol Xa - Palenque - Chichen Itza - Tulum - Playa Del Carmen. the initial plan to include a visit to Copan Ruins (Honduras) fell through due to limited time. My special thanks goes to my VT friend gfinesilver for sharing his insights and practicalities while traveling in both Mexico and Guatemala.
Chernivtsi and Kamyanets-Podilsky, two cities in Western Ukraine that should not be missed. Chernivtsi, the capital of old Bukovyna. A truly cosmopolitan city that has accepted influences of different cultures and ethnicities, at the same time successfully preserving its own distinct features. Kamyanets-Podilsky, mostly know by its well-preserved medieval castle, has much more to offer. it is the third city in Ukraine (after Kyiv and Lviv) by the number of historical monuments preserved. Special thanks to my VT friend lotharlerch, who's numerous travels to those cities reaffirmed me in putting them on the top of my list.
February 2008 - Sevastopol-Balaklava-Foros-Alupka-Livadia. and this is just a beginning of my Crimean exploration. I have been to Crimea many times. all my early age vacations have been spent here, since Crimea (besides Odesa) was THE summer destination for an average middle-income Ukrainian family. our family album is full of Crimean pictures of mid-70ies. since then I came back only once - in 2004 to Sudak and Yalta. for some reason it felt like it was the right time to come back. and this time, for the sake of some difference, I came in winter.
November, in Ukrainian, is called Lystopad, which can be translated as "leaves fall." whoever called November Lystopad had probably been so much distracted by golden and red leaves that had failed to notice falling of rain and snow :) that person must have had an extremely positive attitude to life not to notice short and gloomy days.. that person must have had a sunny personality.. to adopt a positive attitude toward November in Ukraine, and to accumulate more sun in my body and soul before the winter, I am leaving for Egypt
September - October 2007 - Greek Islands:
Tinos, Syros, Naxos and of course Santorini
the Cyclades Islands are known for beautiful and mesmerizing sunsets, with Thira and Oia being the top destinations. well, I happened to see sunsets in Tinos, Syros, Naxos and Santorini and have to admit that they are equally beautiful.
Summer 2007 - Lviv and surrounding area - Zhovkva, Olesko, Pidhirtsi, and Zolochiv
Lviv is trying to catch up with Europe by engaging in all possible tournaments (EURO 2012), fairs and festivals. In September 2007, Lviv has organized the Lions Parade Art Festival. like New York, Toronto and Berlin, the city of Lviv decorated its streets with its animal symbol - LIONS. painted by prominent Ukrainian artists, 20 lions were exhibited in front of the city hall for people's admiration and for.. competition. Anyone could cast his/her vote for any of lions to chose the FAVORITE CITY LION. On September 23 the lions have been sold on the auction. 400,000 UAH ($80,000) raised on the auction will be spent to improve and build children’s playgrounds in Lviv.
May 2007 - Cyprus and Northern Cyprus - Agia Napa, Famagusta, Kyrinea
Cavo Greko is a great place to visit for people who like nature and/or fond of sports - cycling, horse-riding, climbing, swimming and diving. the great panoramic view opens from the top. the area has several walking trails which are a part of the Athrodite Cultural Route. there are several benches along routes to recuperate or just to enjoy a book in a total seclusion and harmony with the nature (if you travel in April or May). don't miss beatiful sunsets!
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Tank Island Hotels
- Popham Beach Hotels
- Cook Forest State Park Hotels
- Iloilo City Hotels
- Orlando Hotels
- Trinidad and Tobago Hotels
- Malgrat de Mar
- Kalba Hotels
- Philadelphia Hotels
- Kandy Hotels
- Siruseri Hotels
- Table Rock State Park Hotels
- Runaway Bay Hotels
- Cebu City
- Palma de Mallorca
- La Spezia
- Laoag City
- Cheras Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 355 Reviews
- 815 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 31 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
- Posted in Travel Kiev Forum "Re: where can buy orginal whiskey..."
- Commented on leics's profile page
- Wrote a Review Smoking Ban in Ukraine's public places in Kiev Restaurants
- om_212 and akkipaa are now friends.
- created a Berdychiv Travel Page "A small town with rich history"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A small town with rich history"
updated their Profile Page "Born to Be a Traveler"
PhotosSee All Photos (815)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 70 reviews, 132 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 44 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odessa Intro, 36 reviews, 84 photos
- Zhovkva Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tinos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 36 photos
- Olesko Intro, 8 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 19 reviews, 34 photos
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kamyanets'-Podil's'kyy Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Syros Island Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3865 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos