Djibouti Transportation Tips by janiebaxter
Djibouti Transportation: 25 reviews and 34 photos
Riviera Hotel, Addis
The only airline to fly to Djibouti from London at the time I went, November 2009, was Ethiopian. Djibouti and Ethiopia have good relations with each other and there are regular flights via Addis Ababa.
Our flight to Addis was 7 hours out and as our connection was longer than 6 hours we used the free hotel transfer option available. Once you arrive at Addis airport go down to the bottom floor and to the transfer desk, show them your tickets or boarding pass. They will take them along with your passport and tell you to wait. After only about 20 minutes we were taken through immigration by airline staff and to a bus which took us to the Riviera Hotel, about 20 minutes drive away. We were given breakfast and a room for the day as well as lunch just before we left. The hotel is a good standard, very clean, nice sized room and friendly staff. We were transferred back to the airport in time for our flight to Djibouti. The airline also stamp your boarding pass so you do not need an immigration stamp and can pass easily through.
Arriving at Port Peche
Port Peche is the fishing port, which is close to the main port. This is where the fishing boats arrive and depart and where you can get a boat to take you to see the whale sharks or to snorkel. Our trip on the MY Deli departed from and returned to Port Peche.
More Reviews (24)
- Staying on a Dive Boat - but only...
- See All Security at Addis Ababa Airport
- See All Geology of Djibouti
- See All Explosions, Planes and Helicopters!
janiebaxter's Related Pages
Djibouti Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "IT'S HOT !"
- "Djibouti: Africa's Worst Tourist Trap"
- "Djibouti -- It does not get hotter than this"
- "Djibouti: land of contrast & good diving"
- "In A Different World"
- "Djibouti - Frowsty, Dirty, Costly but Comestible"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Djibouti
- Hotels in Djibouti
- Transportation in Djibouti
- Nightlife in Djibouti
- Restaurants in Djibouti
- Shopping in Djibouti
- Warnings and Dangers in Djibouti
- See All...
Explore the World
- Vila do Conde
- Clonmel Hotels
- County Westmeath Hotels
- Pontianak Hotels
- Kronobergs Län
- Belo Horizonte
- Hohhot Hotels
Badges & Stats in Djibouti
- 26 Reviews
- 61 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Djibouti?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Djibouti
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Benin Intro, 64 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 68 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 33 reviews, 55 photos
- Djibouti Intro, 26 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameroon Intro, 25 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mauritius Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos
- Tamanrasset Intro, 11 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ouidah Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Parish of Saint Paul Intro, 15 reviews, 33 photos