"Morfa Nefyn and Porthdinllaen" Pwllheli by janiebaxter
Pwllheli Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 20 photos
Morfa Nefyn and Porthdinllaen are about 3 miles from Pwhelli and here you will find beautiful quiet beaches in a calm bay with seals and sea birds and not too many people.
From Morfa Nefyn you can walk along the beach to Porthdinllaen - an 18th century fishing village preserved by the National Trust since 1994. It is the ultimate picture-postcard quaint fishing village with tiny fishermen's cottages, the Ty Coch pub right on the beach and fishing boats in the bay.
Further away near Porthmadog you can watch the only nesting Ospreys in Wales at the Glaslyn Osprey project which has been set up by the RSPB.
You can walk along the cliffs from Porthdinllaen for stunning views of both sides of peninsular. Seals can be seen swimming around just below the cliffs at high tide, and sometimes basking on the rocks at low tide. You can also see sea birds fishing here.
The Ty Coch is right on the beach at Porthdinllaen. Enjoy a drink outside overlooking the bay, or inside if the weather is not so good and look at the fascinating old photographs of Porthdinllaen.
A great place to eat is the Twnti Seafood Restaurant at Rhydyclafdy on the way to Aberdaron.
The Plas Bodegroes is a 200 year old country house outside of Pwllheli, set back from the road surrounded by welsh... more travel advice
The Ty Coch is right on the beach at Porthdinllaen. You can walk along the beach from Morfa Nefyn, no cars are allowed... more travel advice
janiebaxter's Related Pages
Pwllheli Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Pwllheli
- 6 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Pwllheli?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pwllheli
Photos in PwllheliSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Benin Intro, 64 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 55 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 33 reviews, 55 photos
- Djibouti Intro, 26 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameroon Intro, 25 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mauritius Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos
- Tamanrasset Intro, 11 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ouidah Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Parish of Saint Paul Intro, 15 reviews, 33 photos