"Lome" Lome by janiebaxter
Lome Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 413 photos
I only spent part of a day in Lome, driving there from Grand Popo just 65km away in Benin so I probably cannot do justice to Lome in this small page!
Originally a German colony, Togo was given to the French after the first world war and Lome is the capital.
As we approached by road along the coast we passed many market gardens where people grow fruit and vegetables, then crossed the bridge over the river. The main road runs right along the coast through the city and what I saw of the beach looked very nice.
We visited the Fetish market, the main market, Independance Square and the Museum, then ate a nice lunch before heading back to Grand Popo.
The National Museum in Lome has very good displays of the history and culture of Togo including some of Benin and... more travel advice
The Catholic Cathedral in Lome is next to the Grand Market. It was built by the first catholic mission to Togo before... more travel advice
janiebaxter's Related Pages
Lome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "IT'S A TOGA PARTY !!!"
- "Lome-Togo's sweaty seaside capital"
- "Lome, the former Paris of Africa"
- "Lome, Togo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lome
- Hotels in Lome
- Transportation in Lome
- Nightlife in Lome
- Restaurants in Lome
- Shopping in Lome
- Warnings and Dangers in Lome
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lome
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Lome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lome
Photos in LomeSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Benin Intro, 64 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 68 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 33 reviews, 55 photos
- Djibouti Intro, 26 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameroon Intro, 25 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mauritius Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos
- Tamanrasset Intro, 11 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ouidah Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Parish of Saint Paul Intro, 15 reviews, 33 photos