"Massawa Charming Red Sea Port" Massawa by janiebaxter
Massawa Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 37 photos
Massawa was known as The Peal of The Red Sea, a once beautiful City. It was dessimated by Ethiopia during the war but rebuilding has started, and much is being done to preserve the style of the original city.
The old palace is in a terrible state of repair. You can still walk in and look around but hopefully funds will be found to refurbish it
Massawa is divided into 2 islands Massawa and Taulud. Massawa Island is great to explore on foot. Opposite the harbour is a 17th century coral block house and the streets are lovely to stroll around in the late afternoon
- Pros:Charm and character
- Cons:in need of restoration
janiebaxter's Related Pages
Massawa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Massawa: Eritrea's Historic Red Sea Port"
- "Stunning Massawa"
- "Massawa Charming Red Sea Port"
- "A poor city with a lot of heart and much to offer"
- ""I hope to meet you again...""
- "Massawa, Red Sea Port"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Massawa
- Hotels in Massawa
- Transportation in Massawa
- Restaurants in Massawa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Massawa
- 1 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Massawa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Massawa
Photos in MassawaSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Benin Intro, 64 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 68 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 33 reviews, 55 photos
- Djibouti Intro, 26 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameroon Intro, 25 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mauritius Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos
- Tamanrasset Intro, 11 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ouidah Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Parish of Saint Paul Intro, 15 reviews, 33 photos