"Binntal Valley" Binn by sandysmith

Binn Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 26 photos

Binntall Valley

The valley of the Binna river, is an eastern confluent of the upper Rhône river. The area is also known as Binna valley or Binnatal and we spent a pleasant day here - lunching and a short walk around the village and along the river.

The Binntal is one of those charming swiss areas that has kept tourism low key but to those that know it it is a popular walking base and also renowned for its rich mineral deposits. I would not have ventured her had it not been for an email sent to me asking about Saas Fee - another place in the Valais. I responded and it so happened that my contact had visited Fiesch (our base for Switz holiday 2007) several times and he suggested a walk in this area - so many thanks to VT'er Michael Graves.

• In a nutshell:hiddden swiss gem off the beaten track
  • Intro Updated Aug 17, 2007

• marcwensma's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2010 at 11:57 AM

My firsttime the Binntal in the mid-70s and since then almost every year. To walk for 6 hrs and then relax at the terrace of rest. Imfeld. Beginning to build my trav.pages so Binn has to be there to.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2007 at 2:58 AM

Now I feel like I've Binn there myself. Love the old rustic barns.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2007 at 12:23 AM

Ahhhhh.... beautiful !! How do I miss mountains ! Morning smiles from here - and I am off to some mountains soon :-)

• barbskie's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2007 at 4:16 PM

what a tranquil place!

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Binn