"THUN and ENVIRONS" Top 5 Page for this destination Thun by sandysmith

Thun Travel Guide: 201 reviews and 770 photos

A pleasant day can be spent on Lake Thun, not far from Interlaken in the Bernese Oberland, visiting the 3 castles around its shore - Thun, Oberhofen and Spiez. Please note weather not at its blue sky best so I have used a postcard.

Schloss

see more in the "must see" section.

The shopping area in the old town is quite delightful with its small speciality shops. It reminds me very much of Chester in England as they too have walkways over the top of the shops.

• Pros:castles, lake, shopping, meeting people
  • Cons:its prone to rain :-((
  • In a nutshell:a great day out in Switzerland
  • Last visit to Thun: Sep 2002
  • Intro Updated May 1, 2005

• pabertra's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2005 at 3:28 PM

I passed Thun on the way to Grindlewald and it looked stunning! I'll have to actually stop there on my next trip! Nice work!~Paige

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2005 at 7:52 AM

Even in overcast weather Thun looks very beautiful. These pizzas look gorgeous - hmmm, I get hungry :-)

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2005 at 4:44 PM

I love Switzerland, Sandy. Therefore, your pages are always such a treat. BTW, Augusta is one of my VT friends, too. She's a very nice person, we've had several discussions about Africa. I'm sure hanging out together was fun for both of you. : )

• kathymof's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2004 at 10:03 PM

Thanks for the wonderful travelogue on Thun. I will surely go there now. Kathy

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2003 at 9:50 AM

Hey, I know some of those people. It was a good day for all of us. I remember also that mountain village of Hasliberg- Reuti. Good to meet all of us.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2003 at 2:32 PM

a wonderful page and great pics ! and interesting ways of transport through town !

• oliva's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2002 at 11:20 AM

wow...great photos

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2002 at 2:38 PM

Great page: amzing pics, very good info in tips and nice to see my VT friends there haha :-)) And I like waterside bars and cafes pic!

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2002 at 12:18 PM

mhh those desserts were classics... nice t'logs and tips (yes i read the whole page)... but grr..... not my fault if i'm in most pics :-)

• Bigs's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2002 at 7:16 AM

Great page! Too bad I couldn´t join the meeting.... seems that you had a great day in Thun........I´m jealous!

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Thun