"Lake Lucerne and Environs" Lake of Lucerne by sandysmith
Lake of Lucerne Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 94 photos
During our Vitznau based vacation Sept 2006 we made several excursions around Lake Lucerne and on this page I'd like to share some tips of where we went - a mixture of those wonderful swiss funiculars and cable-cars and a bit of hiking too.
Where we went: Here I'll give a brief outline of our daily excursions - some is covered on Vitznau and Engelberg pages so please check those too.
Rigi, walk to Kaltbad, cable-car down to Weggis, boat over to Burgenstock
Back to Vitznau for a walk around the village
Boat to Beckenreid, cable-car to Klewenalp (Marmots here) 2 hr hike over to Niederickenback. Cable-car down to Dalenwil, trains to Stans. Funicular up to Stanserhorn for view before heading back to Vitznau.
Boat to Treib and funicular up to Seelisburg - part of Weg of Schweiz path
Return journey in funicular and boat ove to Brunnen. Bus to Morschach and cable-car to Stoos mountain village. cable car for view of Fronalpstock.
Down on funicualr to Schywz, train to Art Goldau for train up Rigi and down on RigiBahn to Vitznau - well that was good use of our Tell PAss that day!
Trip to Engelberg, early start to get right up to Klein Titlis and to see lakes of Trubsee and Engslensee and then the monastery and cheese factory.
Time for a hike next - the long hike across Rig mountain to Urmiberg and down to Brunnen.
Pilatus - the round trip, kriens for cable-car up and returning by cog railway to Alpnachstad. Train to Lucerne and then castle boat cruise over to Kussnacht am Rigi. Bus back to Rigi - and a late afternoon trip up to Kaltbad, just because we can with our Pass!
Last day in Vitznau we did the rest of the local walk before taking private gondola up to Wissifluh and walked over and down to Gersau. Dinner that evening with Rebibi and Remo.
Last day we headed off to Lucerne to see the town in the sunshine too! and spend the last night there in jail - the converted hotel that is. Next morning it was the journewy back to the airport at Basle - but had time to enjoy a brief walk around this city.
- In a nutshell:wonderful holiday destination for trips out and hikes
Küssnacht am Rigi s a district and municipality in the canton of Schwyz in Switzerland, consisting of three villages:... more travel advice
Before studying the hiking trails on Klewenalp and setting off on a hike, don't forget to take a look at the view from... more travel advice
sandysmith's Related Pages
Lake of Lucerne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "'city of lights'"
- "Lake Lucerne and Environs"
- "Lake of Lucerne -Vierwaldstättersee"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lake of Lucerne
- 10 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (113)
Have you been to Lake of Lucerne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake of Lucerne
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 110 reviews, 259 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 130 reviews, 166 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liverpool Intro, 112 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 101 reviews, 158 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 114 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rodos (City) Intro, 94 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 43 reviews, 198 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 74 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 40 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sousse Intro, 37 reviews, 149 photos, 1 travelogue