"Vitznau" Vitznau by sandysmith

Vitznau Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 104 photos

Based at Vitznau, halfway along Lake Lucerne we enjoyed 9 glorious days in the central region of Switzerland. This was a great base to enjoy various scenic cable-car and mountain railway excursions- at times it was almost like walking on cloud nine! it was such a wonderful holiday and blessed with so much sunshine :-))

Not only a good base base for exploring other lakeside resorts and their attractions but we were determined to see and explore the resort where we were staying - in our "younger" days we would often base ourselves somewhere to explore a region and forget to really get to know the local area itself - no so anymore. Vitznau has a circular town walk and also two cable-cars as well as the Rigi Bahn to enjoy.

The hiking options on the Rigi are numerous and with other gondolas, such as the one down to Weggis and another train frrom Rigi Kulm to Arth Goldau round trip excursions are possible.

• Pros:wonderful holiday loacation
  • In a nutshell:ideal location for exploring Lake Lucerne
  • Last visit to Vitznau: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Sep 24, 2006

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2007 at 12:55 AM

wow, you had excellent weather here and b.t.w. you look great in that swiss costume ;-)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2007 at 4:37 PM

Wonderful page. Outstanding pictures, especially these taken above clouds!!! You sure know how to book these budget trips, Sandy.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2006 at 3:35 AM

Beautiful page Sandy and wonderful photos!! You really make me eager to visit this area and hike around some day! :-))

• Bigs's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2006 at 11:43 AM

Wow, great pics here. I know I´m late with visiting this page :( Well, I wish you and Dave a wonderful christmas time and a fabulous 2007! Maybe we meet somewhere....

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2006 at 9:23 AM

Wow! What a list of visits. Your pictures are stunning, and your tips are plentiful and informative. I know I will be coming back to your pages for more...thank you.

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2006 at 10:18 AM

Wow. Great page with all my Swiss favorites: cogwheel trains, cable-cars, hiking, mountains, lake and above all Sun ;-)

• Oct 28, 2006 at 3:41 AM

Stunning page Sandy! What a fabulous trip! I really love your photographs - it all looks so clean and bright! ;))

• barbskie's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2006 at 1:44 PM

Oh lovely Swiss couple here! Beautiful pictures Sandy. Your hiking trails makes me envy. Wakes up nice memories. barbs

• AnnS's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2006 at 3:06 PM

Hi Sandy. I love your pages. Switzerland is my favourite country and I've been to that region but never to Vitznau. Now I want to plan a trip immediately.

• steventilly's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2006 at 8:55 AM

Excellent. I love swiss mountain railways.

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Vitznau

Have you been to Vitznau?

Latest Activity in Vitznau